Mastercraft cue reveiw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft cue reveiw

I just received my new mastercraft cue and although I'm not suppose to have it until Xmas I might just open it and take a few pictures sadly yo will have to wait till after Xmas to get the full review but I will start with...

Customer service 10 out of 10
    Can't fault the customer service timely response to emails and seemed genuinely interested in providing the cue I wanted and not just giving me any old tosh off the lave.

Price 10 out of 10
    As many forum members know quality price ratio cannot be beaten by any other cue maker.

Accuracy of cue spec's delivered compared to spec's ordered. 10 -10

Length ordered 57.5 inch----------Actual 57.5
    weight ordered 18 oz-----------Actual weighing scales need battery
    Tip size ordered 9.5mm---------Actual 9.5
    balance point ordered 17, ish---------Actual 17
    Butt size ordered 30mm---------Actual 30mm
    shaft stiffness ordered stiff-------------Actual perfect

Hi all, I've finally got my hands on the cue and at first glance the cue it spot on and exactly what I ordered. The main reason for changing my cue was to try a heavier cue I was concerned about ordering a cue over the net as I'm looking for a particular type of shaft but I had previously brought a cue from Dave and he got the shaft spot on and he seems to have come up trumps again the shaft has just the right amount of give. I did not ask for a selected shaft but quite please with the way the shaft looks the arrows are fairly straight and not to many. The general feel of cue is good and I can certainly feel the extra weight. The cue finish is very smooth and is very well made and is comparable in overall build quality to any cue that I have owned previously from some of the better know cue makers at a faction of the cost.

I'm afraid that you have to wait and see how it plays as it's going back in the tube until Xmas day.

picture to follow...
    Last edited by cazmac1; 13 December 2011, 10:38 PM. Reason: updated

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
    Price 10 out of 10
    As many forum members know quality price ratio can be beaten by any other cue maker.
    Do you not mean "cannot be beaten"?
    Anyway, the next 15 days are going to drag
    Glad you have had a good experience with Dave at Mastercraft, and cannot wait to see some piccies
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

no surprise now, this lot are the business. Trying find reasons not to sell mine!!!
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

So what design of cue did you go for, was it one of their standard range or a custom design? How long did it take to make?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Glad you have had a good experience with Dave at Mastercraft, and cannot wait to see some piccies
          Urr thats right will update post

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            So what design of cue did you go for, was it one of their standard range or a custom design? How long did it take to make?
            I've gone for a one piece ash cue with plain ebony butt, I'm not into go faster stripes any more.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              I'm going to unpack it a take all the measurements and pictures then put it back in the tube. I just won't be able to play with it till Xmas.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                no surprise now, this lot are the business. Trying find reasons not to sell mine!!!
                If you are torn then I would advise you not to sell only sell the cue if you are sure you can find a better cue.

Comment

This is the thing. Its a great cue. Great arrows just what i asked for/wanted. Oh!!!!
                  Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Keep it then

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                      This is the thing. Its a great cue. Great arrows just what i asked for/wanted. Oh!!!!
                      Sounds like you dont really want to sell it mate if thats what you decide no problem here. Been there a few times myself

Comment

I know this thread is a cue review but I thought i would use it until I unpack my cue. I went down the club yesterday and played mate it was may first game for about a month I started of like a train going three nil up then in the forth I missed a black off the spot and fell to pieces. So today I went down the club and the didn't miss a ball in the first frame then after that totally went to pieces again I couldn't understand where I was going wrong until I got home and sat on the sofa. I was bloody knackered and could hardly keep my eyes open. This game takes a lot out of you especially when you start getting to my age. I have two choices one is to go to the gym and get fit the other is to play once a week when I'm feeling fresh. The problem with playing when your tried is the temptation to tinker with your game looking for problems that are just not there. So my advice to every one only play when your not feeling tried and this alone will improve your game.
                        Just sharing my thoughts

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                          I just received my new mastercraft cue and although I'm not suppose to have it until Xmas I might just open it and take a few pictures sadly yo will have to wait till after Xmas to get the full review but I will start with...

Customer service 10 out of 10
                          Can't fault the customer service timely response to emails and seemed genuinely interested in providing the cue I wanted and not just giving me any old tosh off the lave.

Price 10 out of 10
                          As many forum members know quality price ratio cannot be beaten by any other cue maker.

Accuracy of cue spec's delivered compared to spec's ordered. 10 -10

Length ordered 57.5 inch----------Actual 57.5
                          weight ordered 18 oz-----------Actual weighing scales need battery
                          Tip size ordered 9.5mm---------Actual 9.5
                          balance point ordered 17, ish---------Actual 17
                          Butt size ordered 30mm---------Actual 30mm
                          shaft stiffness ordered stiff-------------Actual perfect

Hi all, I've finally got my hands on the cue and at first glance the cue it spot on and exactly what I ordered. The main reason for changing my cue was to try a heavier cue I was concerned about ordering a cue over the net as I'm looking for a particular type of shaft but I had previously brought a cue from Dave and he got the shaft spot on and he seems to have come up trumps again the shaft has just the right amount of give. I did not ask for a selected shaft but quite please with the way the shaft looks the arrows are fairly straight and not to many. The general feel of cue is good and I can certainly feel the extra weight. The cue finish is very smooth and is very well made and is comparable in overall build quality to any cue that I have owned previously from some of the better know cue makers at a faction of the cost.

I'm afraid that you have to wait and see how it plays as it's going back in the tube until Xmas day.

picture to follow...
                          Updated...................................

Comment

I forgotten how to add picture help

Comment

Pictures

Here's some picture

Comment

Working...
                              X