Cue for English Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue for English Pool

I've recently started my first season playing in my local pub league after playing for a year or two regularly as just a casual hobby with a friend who was already a league player. I bought one of his old cues for £15 and i can play reasonably well with it, but i'm looking to step up to the next level cue wise now i have taken up pool as a more serious hobby.

My current cue is a very cheap cue which is almost american pool cue like in appearence but has an 8-8.5mm tip, it's very light too but i'm not sure of the exact weight. I find at the moment i occasionally struggle with making some long pots, but thats probably just down to me needing more practise.

My budget for a new cue is somewhere between £70-£150 and any recommendations on tip size/cue weight/length etc as well as specific cues/shops/manufacturers would be appreciated.

I have a nice one piece mastercraft thats just over 16 oz and 9.5 mm if thats any good to you ....

Comment

As much as i would love a one piece, a lot of the pubs round here have that odd annoying wall so i've been looking at either 3/4 jointed or 1/2 & 4/5 jointed cues. Shame though as i've read good things about mastercraft cues

Comment

ah right i see , good luck with the find and welcome to the forum .

Comment

3/4 is deffo the way to go with a pool cue if your playing local pub league. i know only too well about the annoying walls :-)

a new cue will not really make you play better but it good to look the part and it might give you a bit more confident.

a good pool spec cue will probably be 57in, 17oz, 8.5-9mm tip and as said above a 3/4 joint for the tricky shots with a wall behind you.

i would look at craftsman, cue craft, mastercue, mastercraft etc, you should be able to pick up a good cue for your budget. also check out ebay for used ones as lots of bargains can be had.
          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            I have a nice one piece mastercraft thats just over 16 oz and 9.5 mm if thats any good to you ....
            what price you looking at bud?? a lad in my teams after a 1piece

Comment

Originally Posted by jamie89oc View Post
              I have a nice one piece for sale.

PM me.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamie89oc View Post
                £100 muck , pics are in my album , real nice cue

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...hp?albumid=134
                Last edited by hotpot; 14 December 2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

For pool, a minibutt that sqrews straight into the shaft is a real plus for tables in tight places (most the pubs where I live). I prefer 22 oz with 7mm tip for pool (extreme, but works for me), and 18 oz with 9.5 mm tip for snooker.

Comment

Working...
                  X