Ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrule

Hi guys it's only me again , does anyone know how to tighten the ferrule? Many thanks, Will :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

I think you need to take the ferrule off and re-do it. If the ferrule is making a funny noise, the glue has unbonded, so take the ferrule off and give it a bit of a clean and polish, re-glue (araldite is probably best) the top of the clue, and put the ferrule back on.

I'm sure a cuemaker will confirm this, but that is what I would be inclined to do.
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Thanks Dean, if that is the case then I think I'll take it to a cue doctor as I'm really no good at that kind of thing :snooker: Thanks a lot
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Get someone who knows what they're doing to fix it bud. (Mike, Trev, Andy Travis, JP, or mastercraft, craftsman etc). You're better off paying more to get it done properly.

A guy in my team gave his to a local "cue doctor" about 5 years ago to re-ferrule it. it came back looking like an egg timer at the tip end with an overhanging ferrule. Whoever it was thinned the tip out to about 8mm in the last 3 inches of the cue from a normal taper, and just generally made a balls up of it altogether.

He's asked me to do a re-finish on it over xmas, including shortening it to a wider tip size and fitting a new ferrule if I can, but I'm not comfortable doing that to his actual playing cue at the moment. Its only an old Joe Davis club cue, but even so.....
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Don't worry my local cue doctor is Dave Coutts or Stamford cues :snooker:

Comment

If you're out that way, you've also got Robin Cook. Thats just greedy! 3 top cuemakers all within quick reach. Not fair!!!

Comment

That or I do the extra hour and go to Tony Glover as well!

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                That or I do the extra hour and go to Tony Glover as well!
                Don't do that.....

Comment

Robin and Dave are cheaper than stamford.

Comment

My snooker coach is a good friend of Stamford though so he usually gets it sorted for me :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                    X