Best Value Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    Just a thought m8, how do you know what spec cue you require if you're a total beginner. Stephen Hendry was given a powerglide to play with when he was a lad and learned with it and got used to how the cue played and ended up winning six world tiles with it. His parents didn't go to a cue maker with a list of specs.
    So many blokes on this forum have a list of specs for a new Parris or MW cue because they know the feel of such a cue because it's close to what they have always used, just want a better quality one or maybe it's just the prestige of owning something expensive.
    Truth is that's it's nearly always the cue you learned with that you play best with, so any reasonably well made cue will do to start with as long as it's not made from ramin. Put a bid in for a chinese cue on ebay. I know several blokes in our club who play with such cues and they are really good value and very well made. Buy one, learn with it and it will become your cue.
    i agree with steve if your just starting and ant got a clue just pick a cue you can afford and play with it

Comment

you would be better off with a rack cue with an oil finish in comparison to the riley, powerglide painted stuff.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        you can buy a good cue for less than £200 but i promise you it is totally impossible to buy a good cue for £40
        You tell a lie, I bought 2 fantastic cues from Jim Evans for around £40 each and they were truly fantastic! I know what your trying to say :snooker:
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
          You tell a lie, I bought 2 fantastic cues from Jim Evans for around £40 each and they were truly fantastic! I know what your trying to say :snooker:
          yes but jim was likely making a loss on those!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ile go back to a quote i made when i first joinrd tsf which was lee trevinos quote it dont matter if you pay a 1000 dollars for a golf club if you cant play it wont make you play like a pro

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              yes but jim was likely making a loss on those!
              your right andrew i made a loss on all the sin bin cues but it was better than them clogging my house up , but ronnie could have had 1 of them and knocked a 147 because the lad as tons off ability

Comment

by the way a few people know i have given cues away now that is vfm

Comment

Working...
                X