Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new range of Burroughes and Watts cues. (not the B and W) company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new range of Burroughes and Watts cues. (not the B and W) company.

Hi There

Went to see Malcolm of Burroughes and Watts Yesterday and Im thinking of ordering a cue to be made by him. He seems a smashing bloke and his workspace is a treasure trove of Burroughes and Watts history and memoribilia. I was just wondering if any of you chaps have heard any feedback about the new range of cues, or if anyone owns one.
    By the way, be carefull if you visit his website as there is another company making cues who have named themselves B and W so it gets quite confusing. Just make sure the site states Burroughes and Watts.

Cheers
    Mick
    Last edited by *mick*; 25 December 2011, 12:07 PM.

Not sure if this correct but from what ive heard their range of cues are imported from Asia. Its an annoying website they have, you click on a cue then it just shows you a diagram of all the cues they do instead of giving you some closeups of the cue you;ve selected.

Only decent looking one they have imo is the one at the far right with the joint in the splices, im not even sure what cue this is as the diagram has numbers below the cues (which you can barely make out) yet the product listing only has names.

No listed weights, tip sizes, cue lengths, etc, Really badly done website to say the least, i dont think its been updated in years.

I owned the cue thats sixth from the right and it was pretty cheaply made to say the least, the whole shaft had a laquered feeling to it, and im pretty sure the splices were painted onto the shaft, was hard to tell beneath the layer of laquer or varnish the cue had. The term they use on that site is "ebonised" butt, whatever that means.

Id also refer to this thread, seems theyve a bit of a dodgy reputation http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ones-a-cowboy?
    Last edited by narl; 25 December 2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Really surprised at that as his set up and approach was really professional and his cues looked mint. May give him a miss then.

Cheers

Mick

Comment

Working...
      X