X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft vs Craftsman Vs Cuecraft

Hello everyone

Just want to know your opinions.

For a custom made cue, could you please rank these cue makers as your 1st 2nd and 3rd choice

Mastercraft
    Craftsman
    Cuecraft (yest they do custom made cues aswell)

the budget is not to spend more than £400 with mini butt and telescopic extension (case not included).

Thanks

Originally Posted by Sam-Romford View Post
    Hello everyone

Just want to know your opinions.

For a custom made cue, could you please rank these cue makers as your 1st 2nd and 3rd choice

Mastercraft
    Craftsman
    Cuecraft (yest they do custom made cues aswell)

the budget is not to spend more than £400 with mini butt and telescopic extension (case not included).

Thanks
    Sorry my friend but this is too subjective and can only really be judged cue, by cue by cue.

I have seen custom cues made by all three (albeit the mastercraft was welshpool trading badged) and I have to say that all three were good quality cues.

My favourite is the craftsman but that doesnt mean the others are no good, another man may decide the cue craft is the best. Also in the same budget area is Andy Travis.

With the budget you have you can get a cue from lots other cue makers where the build quality is argueablly better, these include Robin Cook, Wright Cues, Dave Coutts and so on and so on.
    Last edited by jaffa.johnson; 10 January 2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

with a £400 budget i would be looking at either t,white or robin cook both would make you a cue thats in a different league to all
      the makers you mentioned although mastercraft can make good cues just not as good as the 2 i said all imo though.

Comment

I have two Phoenix cues from Craftsman cues one a Machine spliced plain ebony Standard spec ready made,The other is a Mark Williams Hand Spliced With Oak This was customised to my spec by Dave Brown.These cues are the dogs B******* and great value for money, also you get great customer service from Simon and Dave,I have a top of the range Peradon and these cues leave it standing, look around !!!, Mike Wooldridge handmadecues is supposed to be THE MAN ! I think his basic cue Delux Ash Shaft starts at £250 then its £75 to alter to a 3/4. jointed and a further charge for each alteration.One bit of advice be careful of some of the cues on e bay there are a few fakes ! I have seen some John Parris cues that only a fool would buy (If its too good to be true then it is)

Comment

Do you get the impression the OP likes the word "Craft" for his selected future cue.....

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
            Do you get the impression the OP likes the word "Craft" for his selected future cue.....
            Very good.

Comment

LOL....well said, i am now thinking why not consider Trevor craft, or Mike Craftbridge.....

Comment

Why not try CRAFTYCRAFT But beware most of the inlays are just painted on.
                Last edited by denja; 11 January 2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                  Why not try CRAFTYCRAFT But beware most of the inlays are just painted on.
                  LOL @ Denja... thanks for pointing out the painted inlays.. now i can see where my first cue worth £35 came from. they spent more time painting the butt than crafting it.... lol

Comment

I purchased a craftsman century cue nearly two years ago, but it does not live up to it's name, I am yet to get a century break with it!!! Seriously, they are good cues. Which I was as good myself!

Comment

Originally Posted by Fedagari View Post
                      I purchased a craftsman century cue nearly two years ago, but it does not live up to it's name, I am yet to get a century break with it!!!
                      LOL. I love it. That is surely false advertisement.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Sam-Romford View Post
                        LOL @ Denja... thanks for pointing out the painted inlays.. now i can see where my first cue worth £35 came from. they spent more time painting the butt than crafting it.... lol
                        If you want to contact them try

CraftyCraft Cues Ltd
                        Craft Street
                        Craftytown
                        Craftfordshire
                        CRAFT JJX
                        e.mail craftycraft@hotmail.com And ask for Fred Craft

Comment

Working...
                        X