just uploaded pros talking about their cues, from eurosport
    enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hbuc...ature=youtu.be

also after, is john parris talking about sizes and tips

Great watch that, thanks.

Good ol Dominic, loves his cues.
    http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

I enjoyed it. Would have been better the players actually said who made their cue.

It was just marketing for john parris.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, been wanting to watch it but couldnt find it. Finally =) Thanks m8
        In progressing!!

Comment

What came across from me most of all is that the majority of players really don't care too much about cues, or who made them. It seems the majority have had their cues since they started playing and know that it would be very difficult to adapt to a new cue if ever they had to.

Was most surprised about Williams saying that he took 12 months to really get used to his because it was so thick. Makes me wonder why he didn't have it thinned down, maybe he doesn't really know much about cues but to me it was surprisingly ignorant of him not to enquire about how to get his cue feeling right for him. If I had a problem with a cue I had made I'd be straight on the phone to see what alterations could be made so it suited me!

Comment

nice clip that cheers!

Comment

Perhaps the weight and balance of the cue was perfect. And having it thinned down/re-tapered would likely change this a little. I don't know what weights cue makers use but i should expect them to not come in a huge variety. So getting it bang on again could prove tricky, and perhaps not worth the effort

Comment

and to hear hendry said cue does not really matter...
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I remember seeing this before, or should I say some of the individual interviews and not this montage, thanks for that.
                  Was it during the Australian or the Brazilian when these were done? my old brain cannot remeber that far back
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                    and to hear hendry said cue does not really matter...
                    Contradicts himself though doesn't he! First he says the cue he won his 7 world titles with was the worst cue you'd ever see, then on the other hand he says it doesn't matter what cue you use, so why has he used around half a dozen since his old one!!!

Comment

Good find mate, thanks for sharing!!
                      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        Contradicts himself though doesn't he! First he says the cue he won his 7 world titles with was the worst cue you'd ever see, then on the other hand he says it doesn't matter what cue you use, so why has he used around half a dozen since his old one!!!
                        I am sure if that old cue had not been broken (?) he probabaly would still be playing with it.
                        Also, he states that he has a Parris cue and then that post about the Hendry Acuerate just a few days ago and it does appear he is using the acuerate at the PTC12. "the fickle nature of snooker pros and their cues"
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Think hendry was getting at the importance of getting used to one cue, it doesn't have to be an expensive one to feel right. His probs came to light when his old one broke and he's trying to find one like it. Like few members on here. Its been that long now since hendry lost his, don't think even he knows what he looking for anymore. Yeh the clip was taken from the aussie torny

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            I am sure if that old cue had not been broken (?) he probabaly would still be playing with it.
                            Also, he states that he has a Parris cue and then that post about the Hendry Acuerate just a few days ago and it does appear he is using the acuerate at the PTC12. "the fickle nature of snooker pros and their cues"
                            That will be JP. If hendry says he playing with JP, every thinks they the best and goes and buys one.

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                              Think hendry was getting at the importance of getting used to one cue, it doesn't have to be an expensive one to feel right. His probs came to light when his old one broke and he's trying to find one like it. Like few members on here. Its been that long now since hendry lost his, don't think even he knows what he looking for anymore. Yeh the clip was taken from the aussie torny
                              That's exactly right matty. I remember Alex Higgins won his first world title with a Burwat Champion cue that he had played with since he was a yound lad. It got broken the following year and he spent the rest of his life fiddling around with various cues trying to find one the same.
                              It's what you learn with, no matter what state it's, in that matters, and the way it feels becomes a part of your arm. Hendry's was bent, John Spencer's was bent and also had a nail in the butt holding it together. So to all you new players just taking up the game, any cue will do, learn and get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X