any one hear of him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one hear of him?

just seen this cue on ebay, its on £100 and was curious is it worth it as ive never heard of the person who made it.. Alan day, anyone heard of him before? heres the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Made-...ht_1151wt_1270
    My muscles will take me far, but my mind will take me further!

I used to keep in touch with a guy off another snooker forum and a lot of players around the north east swear by this guy as a very good cue maker. His cues are relatively cheap too, never seen one in the flesh though. This chap I knew often ordered cues for others and said that they were all very well made and good players. Hope this helps, certainly worth a punt at that price.

Comment

Do you have any contact details or website?
      cheers
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

No sorry, the guy I used to keep in contact with I lost his contacts as my old PC blew up! Didn't have anything backed up. From what I remember he never had a website, only contact was through people who knew him, he didn't make cues as a living as far as I know, just did it as a hobby.

Comment

they dont look too bad for that price, dont see the point in the 2 butts thought for different games, different shafts i could understand as you want a smaller tip for pool :/ confusing that is

Comment

Originally Posted by liamk2011 View Post
            they dont look too bad for that price, dont see the point in the 2 butts thought for different games, different shafts i could understand as you want a smaller tip for pool :/ confusing that is
            If you look at the spec, one cue is an inch shorter and 1oz lighter. I guess he uses this for pool.

PS. Its looks very well made.
            Last edited by jaffa.johnson; 12 January 2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

yes i agree, going to keep my eye on it see how much it goes up, 5 hrs odd left and no bids

Comment

Originally Posted by liamk2011 View Post
                yes i agree, going to keep my eye on it see how much it goes up, 5 hrs odd left and no bids
                Its going to be a bargain.

Comment

I used to have one, and strangely enough it was off the same seller on ebay. I did ask him to give me contact details to get a custom cue made, but was told he didn't have the number anymore. I have since found out by talking to Stu over at Greenbaize, that he does all modification work for Stu to cues that he can't do himself, like adding joints and weight alterations etc
                  He is based in Gateshead area (near Newcastle) and the cue i had was very nice indeed, paid about £120 for it, and sold it for £140.

Comment

very nice! and for £120! think ill be getting that cue on ebay, well worth the cash

Comment

Working...
                    X