• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 grand for a cue!

yeap you guessed it, hes at it again

dunno who pays 2 grand for a cue though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item3f127c3a28

Where in hell does he find these cues? And I also wonder what he pays for them when he does find them.

However, if he can sell this one for 2K more power to him but it leaves the rest of us with a real problem if these prices keep climbing. No doubt there will be a collector from the Far East who will buy this one.

I saw a Will Hunt Black Plate priced at around 1.7K recently and I thought that was way too high even though is was #39 or something. I'm amazed a JP would be priced higher

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

the cue was made 2004/5 not quite the 15 years he claims

Comment

smashing cue but not worth that

Comment

Already having scorn poured on it in the ultimate cue thread.

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
            yeap you guessed it, hes at it again

dunno who pays 2 grand for a cue though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item3f127c3a28

There is someone on this very site that has paid above that for a cue. Fair enough it was Ronnie's old cue but still!!!

Comment

John Parris cues are really popular in China.

Since there are so many fake cues in China and the prices even for the fakes are so high, I am not suprised some wealthy Chinese people who have lots of money but do not know much about cues would rather order a cue like this--at least they know it is real. Plus perhaps to some Chinese there is a certain prestige associated with importing a cue from overseas rather than buying it in China (where the price is very high anyway). Paying a lot of money for a cue or buying lots of cues may also be a kind of status symbol over there I suspect.

John can have an early retirement if he just sells direct on ebay like this. LOL.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

This cue also cropped up a few days ago, supposodly previously owned by Jimmy White.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUNT-OBYRN...item3cc0dde173

Its obviously not the one he had most of his career as the grains totally different, suppose its possible he owned it at one point, also makes a good story to drive up the price on an ebay sale.

Comment

if it was R o sullivans cue fair enough the price ,but ive never seen him using that, so as a cue , I thank that price is an absolute joke , my cue cost £3 ,I wouldnt swap my cue for anything J.P,Wooldridge,anything at all ,ive tried tried a hundred Parris cues , find them to be butt heavy , poor ash ,and as for the red marks on the splices thats poor workmanship aint it , ....he is living off Steve Davis reputation.If ever anyone wants to pay that sort of money for a very average cue , then good luck to you.

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                    i,and as for the red marks on the splices thats poor workmanship aint it , ....

Nope, that for a time was more or less a mark to know if it was a Parris cue or not, they've since stopped doing it over the last few years though.

Comment

When someone does a search on the Internet on John Parris cues, all these threads about his cues being overpriced will come up while in fact he is not the one listing them on ebay at those prices.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

The guy selling the Hunt cue is pretty enthusiastic, one question asked and answered:

Hi would you take £1,000 and i will pay now Thanks Terry 07711436188 14-Jan-12
                        A: HI TERRY,THANKS FOR YOUR OFFER,BUT THE £1200.00 STARTING BID IS THE LOWEST I WILL START THE BIDDING AT,I PAYED £15000 FOR JIMMYS CUE,IT LOOKS BRAND NEW,JOHN PARRIS CLEANED THE CUE,AND MADE A FANTASTIC JOB.YOU JUST DON'T FIND HUNT & O'BYRNE GREEN PLATE CUES,LIKE THIS ONE ANYMORE.ANY COLLECTOR WHO SEES THIS CUE WILL WANT TO BUY IT.I PLAYED TWICE WITH THIS CUE AND HAD AN 85 BREAK.ITS VERY SPECIAL.THANKS AGAIN...SEAN.

Comment

narl:

The 'Terry' wasn't me as I already have a 'classic' Will Hunt Green Plate with solid ebony butt which supposedly is around 12 years old but I have no way I know of to confirm the age although I got it in unused condition from a collector and I sure as hell didn't pay 1200quid for it!

Now if someone were to offer me a decent price for this WH GP I have (58", 9.5mm, 18.8oz, 29mm, balance 17") ash/plain ebony butt then I would be willing to let it go but the price would have to be right!

Terry
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

Terry i will give you 1 Canadian dollar for it lol.

Comment

grimreaper:

Your generous offer is ACCEPTED. As you are in Australia your shipping costs will be $999(CAN)

Terry
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                              X