Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips: Diamond Plus v's Wooldridge Supertip on a responsive shaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the cue.

By mike at 2012-01-20

By mike at 2012-01-20

By mike at 2012-01-20

Comment

Originally Posted by safe t boy View Post
      I guess my cue must be medium to stiff. I wouldn't say it was whippy but its not mega stiff either. First time I broke with it I was shocked how much power it produced. All my freinds who have used it love it to bits. Two of them play with expensive Parris cues but have asked to buy it from me lol! I will get some pics up in a bit.

Haven't tried an Elk on it yet so might give that a go at some point.

How do the Pro Granite compare to the Diamond Plus and Wooldridge tips?
      What cue you got muck , i personally did,nt like the Pro Granite they were far too grippy for me and pulled the white about too much .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        What cue you got muck , i personally did,nt like the Pro Granite they were far too grippy for me and pulled the white about too much .
        Look up ^^ its a "Paul Morris Designed" Welsh Pool trading cue. Made my Mastercraft I believe. Has an Eight ball on the badge. 9mm tip, 17oz, 17" balance. 57 inches.

Comment

Ye looks nice muck .

Comment

I find the BD+tips is very tall/thick and spongy,wonder what is the preferable height you guys sand it to?
            In progressing!!

Comment

Look up ^^ its a "Paul Morris Designed" Welsh Pool trading cue. Made my Mastercraft I believe. Has an Eight ball on the badge. 9mm tip, 17oz, 17" balance. 57 inches.
              Additionally it was worked on by robin cook and myself.

The ferrule was taken down to 9mm by robin, he fitted the stainless ferrule and wooldridge tip.

I then sold it to my mate, who then decided he wanted a maple cue so i sold it to safe t boy for my friend.

In between selling it for my friend i refinished it and it turned out to be cracking.

Give blue velvet tip a try.
              Last edited by jaffa.johnson; 20 January 2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

What did you use to re-finnish it mate? (For future reference when i dedide to give it a refurb). Never heard of Blue Velvet. Will look into it.
                Last edited by safe t boy; 21 January 2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jasonteh6688 View Post
                  I find the BD+tips is very tall/thick and spongy,wonder what is the preferable height you guys sand it to?
                  The one I had and was getting on so well with was quite small. I deliberately took it down quite close to the ferrule. The flat on the side of the tip was about 1.5mm with a average dome on top, nothing too flat or too round.

This time Im going to get it well bed in before taking it down low again. Last one began to disintegrate around the sides after a few months.
                  Last edited by safe t boy; 21 January 2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I find that Diamond Plus really let you play measured screw shots easily because of their feel.
                    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

What did you use to re-finnish it mate? (For future reference when i dedide to give it a refurb). Never heard of Blue Velvet. Will look into it.
                      high grit sandpaper, raw linseed oil, craftsman cue wax, dry cloth

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                        high grit sandpaper, raw linseed oil, craftsman cue wax, dry cloth
                        Cool. Cheers bud.

Comment

dont like blue diamond and elk masters cue tips

Comment

The MW Pressed Super Tips are Great and 5 for £12.99 isnt Expensive Really I know alot more than Blue Diamond/Elks but worth the Money as alot more Consistant.

I dont mind Fitting Blue Diamonds or Elks if I have No MW Available as I will quite easily take 1/2/3 Tips Off til i Get a Good One as they very unconsistant these Days years ago they were alot better I gotta say.

Gaz.
                            Last edited by gazza147; 22 January 2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Had a knock tonight with the new Diamond Plus. Much better. I was getting too much action on the ball with the MW supertips but the Diamond's are just right. Tip started off feeling a bit spongy but by the end of the night I was getting that lovely clean 'plink' sound when playing shots with spin. Think I'll stick with these for a while.

Comment

Just replaced my Kamui with one of MW's Supertips (Pressed), have to say it feels absolutely superb. So much more responsive than the Kamui, much more feel.

Comment

Working...
                                X