Cue lead times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue lead times

Need to get a cue made, but what are the lead times for some of the top guys, sure I read on another thread Trevor White was ten month wait !

One way to find out for sure bud. pop a few emails off to a few makers.

Ppl can come here and say 10 months etc, but ya need it from the horses mouth really to be sure..

Comment

I have tried, but Trevor is a busy man lol

Comment

He will get back to you, when dealing with trev you need plenty of patience...

Comment

I think its a bad time to be placing an order for a cue from the majority of top cue makers. They all seem to be extremely busy and it seems most are providing the majority of their work for the far eastern market. In fact one or two now exclusively only make cues for that region which is a sad reflection that they are chasing easy money and forgetting their roots.

Comment

Slightly different point, but who do people regards as top cuemakers ? I'm guessing Trevor Whit & Mike Wooldridge would be two, but who else ?

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
              Slightly different point, but who do people regards as top cuemakers ? I'm guessing Trevor Whit & Mike Wooldridge would be two, but who else ?
              Very subjective but the same names get thrown around a lot such as Parris, Glover, Robin Cook, Dave Coutts, Stamford, Robert Osbourne, Kevin Muncaster (north west cues) etc. To be fair you can't really go wrong with any of these but as I said you are looking at a minimum of about 4 months for most if not all of these, depending on whether you have a cue built from scratch or there is a chance there will be a few in stock to buy now.

Comment

I have sent a few emails off, Trevor has replied already !
                Want a cue like the one in the pic, but with a Maple shaft, Ebony Butt, Tiger Middle splice and burr for the bottom splice, with three stripes in maple in the bottom splice like this Sidney Smith cue.

Haven't even got any prices, but I'm very excited !

Comment

I have sent a few emails off, Trevor has replied already !
                  Want a cue like the one in the pic, but with a Maple shaft, Ebony Butt, Tiger Middle splice and burr for the bottom splice, with three stripes in maple in the bottom splice like this Sidney Smith cue.

Haven't even got any prices, but I'm very excited !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9151[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]9152[/ATTACH]
                  Nice design! I imagine prices from Trevor will be half the prices of the likes of Mr Parris :snooker:
                  "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I think if Robin Cook is still taking orders, he is quoting 40 weeks wait

Comment

I would personally give them all a E-mail or Contact Them so you know Definately how long it would be before you Order as some people dont wanna wait 8mths-12mths before they get there Cue.

Comment

I have been quoted 40 weeks from my first choice - Not good, but at least they were up front. Now do I wait or choose someone else...

Comment

To be honest mate you are likely to be quoted pretty much the same from most so you may as well be in for a long wait either way. Best way to look at it is if you order within the next month its likely to be an early xmas present to look forward to!

Comment

I have been quoted 40 weeks from my first choice - Not good, but at least they were up front. Now do I wait or choose someone else...
                            Have you had a good look to see if any here are going with your specs . Even having one custom buit is no guarantee that it will suit you , its pot luck . If you buy a well known sought after make and cant get on with it i,m sure you wont have any trouble selling it and doubt if you will lose any money what so ever muck .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                              Have you had a good look to see if any here are going with your specs . Even having one custom buit is no guarantee that it will suit you , its pot luck . If you buy a well known sought after make and cant get on with it i,m sure you wont have any trouble selling it and doubt if you will lose any money what so ever muck .
                              I know you are quite right, but I really want a new one with my own design.

Comment

Working...
                              X