Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats involved in replacing an SD joint ? This one doesn't seem straight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats involved in replacing an SD joint ? This one doesn't seem straight.

Ive not had my current cue for long, it came with an SD joint already fitted from new.

Yesterday i used my extension for the first time, the cue and extension are not straight when the extension is fitted, it leans quite significantly to the right. As a test i tried my mini butt, that also leans to the right. I always have the flat part of the cue facing up, basically the cue turns to the right when the extension or mini butt is fitted.

It could be a problem with both the mini butt and extension threads not being right but that seems unlikely.

Whats involved in taking out an SD joint and replacing it with another ? Will it have to be drilled out ? I don't want to lose any weight from the butt of the cue as it took me ages to find this cue and it feels perfect in my hand.
    sigpic

When Dave at Mastercraft changed the butt joint in my unclevit he had to use heat to get it out. Found a male joint in his tin full of them that fitted and i think then heated that whilst in the joint. Drilled it out a bit more so his joint would fit and re glued it in.

took him about 15 mins and charged a tenner.
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

The Stig I had the same problem and never really got to the bottom of what the problem was. Couldn't really make my mind up if the SD joint was glued in squint or the thread drilled squint. The thread was one of those spiroloc types. I just "bit the bullett" and got Mastercraft to swap the SD out for one of theirs. I already had a Mastercraft mini and 20" so didn't have to spend money on that.

Comment

Mines a spiral lock joint, its on a Phoenix cue.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
          Mines a spiral lock joint, its on a Phoenix cue.
          Did you get it from Craftsman? If so it would be worth getting back to them to see if they've had this problem before.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
            Did you get it from Craftsman? If so it would be worth getting back to them to see if they've had this problem before.
            mine does this slightly also with the mini butt attached!

Comment

Working...
            X