Top 10 Snooker Cue Manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
    Quite right, let's let the Ultimate owners/players judge their individual cues then! I've played with them and nothing is better.

If John Parris says the cues are hand planed, that's good enough for me. If people want to accuse him of telling porkies, let them do it straight, not hide behind innuendo while casting doubt on the reputation of a great cue maker.
    Rifle,,, believe it or not,, if anyone here knows damn well who JP is,, that would be Andrew (ADR). He sells a lot of JPU cues,, every year!! (every week). No one said that JP is not a great cue maker. He made in 1980 for my uncle a cue. (my uncle is a collector). He has the cue still and he would not sell it,, never !!! great cue.
    So, Of course he has a great reputation. you do'nt have tell us about his reputation !!!
    I have seen players,, playing for years with a JPU and they are happy!! I've also seen players after 4 weeks selling the cue just because the cue did not suit their game. each wood ( cue ) has its own character and plays different!! ( this has nothing t do with JP ).
    You can play with a JPU and be very happy. Someone else can play with a TW cue and be very happy.
    Anyway,,, I see you are happy with your JPU. In that case, stik on it and play with it, . If he suits your game then I wouldn't choose for another cue, if I were you!! enjoy ur game !!

Comment

• Sorry please answer where he gets and continued to get for the past thirty odd years, decades old wood.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        If that's how it works I would say RemovalmanStevies cues should be bang on by now
        LMAO,.... now that's not nice. Wonder how he is getting on with the misses now. She should just about be sick of him staying home all the time and be just about ready to order him up a new JP Ultimate.
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Hi all,
          I'm thinking of buying a Maximus Legend for my first cue, anyone got any advice or experience on the Maximus make?
          I'm also unsure on size? I'm 6'3" (192cm) was going to go for the following:
          Legend, single splcie ebony + thick veneer
          - Ash shaft/ 3/4 cue.
          - 59", 18oz, 10mm, 32mm butt

Comment

• Originally Posted by charlesbarden View Post
            Hi all,
            I'm thinking of buying a Maximus Legend for my first cue, anyone got any advice or experience on the Maximus make?
            I'm also unsure on size? I'm 6'3" (192cm) was going to go for the following:
            Legend, single splcie ebony + thick veneer
            - Ash shaft/ 3/4 cue.
            - 59", 18oz, 10mm, 32mm butt
            32mm butt is very big? Do they even make them like that ??

Comment

• I think this is the 6" extension piece, some have them at 30mm but I researched that 32mm is better for a bigger hand.

Comment

I think this is the 6" extension piece, some have them at 30mm but I researched that 32mm is better for a bigger hand.
                no - the cue will be suitable for seal clubbing. also 59" 3/4 and 32mm it will be far too heavy.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• haha noted! I have done a bit more research and asked the manufacturer (Maximus) what the standard butt size is and they say 29.5mm-30mm so going for 30mm, I did wonder how they fix the weight at 18oz and then offer different butt size?

Comment

haha noted! I have done a bit more research and asked the manufacturer (Maximus) what the standard butt size is and they say 29.5mm-30mm so going for 30mm, I did wonder how they fix the weight at 18oz and then offer different butt size?
                    29.5-30 is fine for everybody.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                    X