No announcement yet.

jawes cues snooker blog haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ps jim, if you still talk to your man at niche ask him if he could radially laminate some maple shafts up ? massive market in the uk, well one at least!

Comment

• a remod of an old cue lengthend and four lower splices added .,,.

Comment

• minibutt

and a little minibutt made out of bit of splice wood left

Comment

• two ongoing cues,one very different not another like the other alternate spliced might add some more yet.......

Comment

• finished ready to try.

Comment

• this is a refurb/ remod captains rapier cue that had the badge removed and shortened,so lengthened ,reweighted and respliced and butt joint added.....

Comment

• Like the look of pic 7!

Comment

• I am now the proud owner of this cue , post 359 , long butt , long Tulipwood and Pear shaft , could have almost been a Mannock.I helped Jim to source the shaft and had a little input with the design , but what Jim has acheived is nothing short of FANTASTIC. As any one knows Pear is a difficult wood to use to create a " playable " cue , as it is often whippy and too soft to make the effort worthwhile.I have owned a Pear shafted Mannock, a Robin , 2x Cue Craft & a Pear Camkin and this cue sits alonside the best of these for " playability ". Thank you Jim .
                  Last edited by old school; 31 December 2013, 11:23 AM. Reason: addendum

Comment

• a few more cues ongoing,.,purpleheart and flame maple,..amboyna burl,ebony and mahogany alternate splices and a ebony thats going to make a eureka,

Comment

• You don't do things by halves do you Jim! Seems a shame to sacrifice that lovely ebony to add more splices, are all cues made that way?
                      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• this is the ebony with 4 lower tulipwood splices as eureka,,

Comment

• Beautiful, is it for sale?

Comment

• Thats really good , Jim , , splice fingers very accurate . bet you cant wait to see how it plays.

Comment

• My cue is looking good jim great job cant wait to play?

Comment

• Really lovely. Take it the rain went off!

Comment

Working...
                                X