• Show
Clear All

• I already tried both of them mates

Comment

• what's your email address? i'll check spam folder
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• any idea when your shops goin to be open again mike? i have been wanting a blackspin retro fitted to my cue for months but every time i go on its shut.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
          january mate
          As mike said

Comment

• seen one of these ferrules other day one of younger lads who plays for our snooker team has one, tip fell of during match :P
            tha what!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ian046 View Post
              seen one of these ferrules other day one of younger lads who plays for our snooker team has one, tip fell of during match :P
              That happens with every ferrule .

Comment

• Rarity.

last 20 cues ive re tipped i dont think ones come off :P
                tha what!

Comment

• Wonder what glue was used ?? Mike said tips stick to these ferrules better than brass !!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Wonder what glue was used ?? Mike said tips stick to these ferrules better than brass !!!!
                    ive retiped my blackspin and they stick like sh=t to a blanket so the lad must be usein crap glue

Comment

Rarity.

last 20 cues ive re tipped i dont think ones come off :P
                      do him a favour and retip his cue.

best be quick if you use superglue though cos it'll stick very fast.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Wonder what glue was used ?? Mike said tips stick to these ferrules better than brass !!!!
                      they do mate. massively so.

you've not got long to get it right when positioning it, and when it starts to stick you better have it in the right place cos it won't pop off easily like they often do on normal brass ferrules, you'll have to slice it off with blade.
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                        ive retiped my blackspin and they stick like sh=t to a blanket so the lad must be usein crap glue
                        Did you have any trouble at all trying not to scratch the ferrule ???
                        Just that when Stu (Greenbaize) re-tipped mine, he was being extremely careful, as usually he would just polish up a brass ferrule after tipping with fine grade paper. With the blackspin he thought it best not to use quite the same method, and instead got a special even finer sheet out and was being very careful, made an excellent job of it, and commented it may not be easy for your average player to re-tip these ferrules !!! He knows someone who wrecked one after only 2 re-tips !!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Did you have any trouble at all trying not to scratch the ferrule ???
                          Just that when Stu (Greenbaize) re-tipped mine, he was being extremely careful, as usually he would just polish up a brass ferrule after tipping with fine grade paper. With the blackspin he thought it best not to use quite the same method, and instead got a special even finer sheet out and was being very careful, made an excellent job of it, and commented it may not be easy for your average player to re-tip these ferrules !!! He knows someone who wrecked one after only 2 re-tips !!!
                          a lot of maskin tape and time! but wrecked after 2 retips must have been abit ham fisted, it does take more time but if thats what it takes

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                            do him a favour and retip his cue.

best be quick if you use superglue though cos it'll stick very fast.
                            pretty sure its one of ur tips that you put on ur self, he was just telling me how much it all cost 10 mins before it came off aswell thats why im having a lil giggle about it lol

superglue gel plenty of time to get tip in the right place
                            tha what!

Comment

pretty sure its one of ur tips that you put on ur self, he was just telling me how much it all cost 10 mins before it came off aswell thats why im having a lil giggle about it lol

superglue gel plenty of time to get tip in the right place
                              possible. i've been sending out lots of prototype tips lately, plus we're swamped with work, so always a chance something went wrong somewhere.

true, gel gives you more time. but not as much as you're used to when used on a blackspin ferrule.
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• not sure if this as been asked does the blackspin sound different when you strike the cue ball to a normal brass ferrule.

Comment

Working...
                                X