Mike Wooldridge - *NEW* 'BlackSpin' Ferrule System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    Slightly off-topic but what is a fibre ferrule made of?

I have a few old cues that have ferrule fibres. When did they stop putting them on cues?
    I thought plastic of some sort no? It might also be fibre glass etc.

Comment

• I've opened a thread on the discussion of ferrule materials:
      http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...486#post828486
      Come join the argument, lol!

Comment

• I think its some thing like this.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fbook View Post

I think its some thing like this.
          something like that, but without the thread and probably without the outside "shoulder" bit
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• duplicate post

Comment

• Originally Posted by fbook View Post

I think its some thing like this.
              something like that, but without the thread and probably without the outside "shoulder" bit

wow, a rare triplicate post !

Comment

• Now I know where the idea came from. Original and best ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-5-...item3396853f4b

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  Now I know where the idea came from. Original and best ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-5-...item3396853f4b

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but without the thread bit

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post

wow, a rare triplicate post !
                    Drilling a hole in a small diameter piece of wood that takes an awful lot of pressure when it has to hit a really hard ball made out of phenolic resin; insane! That's not going to help the longevity of the cue. When the big manufacturers do this I will take it seriously.
                    Last edited by Master Blaster; 17 June 2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Only time will tell i suppose . But from a personal point of view , i would not want anything drilled into the top of the shaft of my cue .

Would have thought that it may well weaken it ?
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Only time will tell i suppose . But from a personal point of view , i would not want anything drilled into the top of the shaft of my cue .

Would have thought that it may well weaken it ?
                        Yes and no, depends how well the ferrule prong is fixed into the hole. If it's glued in with epoxy or acrylate it may make the end stronger; reinforcement. But over time, will it loosen and weaken the set-up? That's my issue; longevity. As you say, owners will have to wait and see. But for me if Judd don't need one why should we? It's a risk but is it a good one?
                        Last edited by Master Blaster; 17 June 2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• those who have spare of the spare cue n of course loads of spare money they can try it n share an honest experience..

Comment

• Those who have spare of the spare cue n of course loads of spare money they can try it n share an honest experience..

Comment

• Sorry that this might've been asked already on this thread, but 105 pages!! I'm not sure I can trawl back through that lot!

Does anyone know if there is an option to order a MW cue without the blackspin ferrule? Looking on his website it doesn't look like it?

To be really honest, this would put me off buying a MW cue! Top players have come this far using ash/maple and brass. Maybe when players in the top 128 start using cues with different ferrule materials we might all see it differently. But as far as I am concerned, if it ain't broke....!

That said, I have every faith that Mike knows what he's doing. Nobody would doubt he abilities at making fine cues, but without the opportunity to at least try a cue with the black ferrule, who's to say for sure it would suit/improve their game. I don't like the look of a black ferrule personally. I am one of those guys who obsessively keeps the brass ferrule polished and looking its best. Not sure I am ready to sacrifice that for what might (or might not) be improved playing characteristics. Sounds like a gamble!

Comment

• I think it can be done, yes ( foss13 has experience in this I think ).

email mike about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X