Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who to use to collect and deliver my cue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to try Interparcel but as soon as I added the extra cover the total price more than double!!! I only live 5 mins walk from the post office so that would have been lazy of me having it picked up! lol

Comment

Before I found out about Gwizz I used the Post Office. I didn't put on much protective packing around the ends and managed to keep within their limits. (1.5m or about 59"). The cost at the time was £4.41 although from the attached link it looks like the price has gone up. If you're sending an expensive cue its not worth skimping on the packing just to save some postage.
      http://www.postoffice.co.uk/letters-...andard-parcels

Comment

Yip gwizz for me too, the ups option though.
        Collect and deliver for around £10.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

yip sent my cue down on Wednesday to mike to get the ferrule changed using gwizz cost me £13.42 all in after vat and insurance. really good for next day delivery just a pity ups missed the connection at Tamworth or some place and it never got delivered till Friday. never mind he has it now so hopefully it will be back asap and if your reading this post mike sorry about going a bit OTT with the packaging lol

Comment

do not use CityLink !!

Needed to send a cue Wednesday and decided to pay extra for the 24hr delivery option as they claimed 98% success for this, how was I to know I'd get the other 2%

Got call this morning saying it did not arrive yesterday so phoned CL at 8am, was told they attempted to deliver yesterday but nobody was in so left card, when I asked at what time they said by 5.30, when I asked why their tracker said 8.29pm they said he must have been running late, when I pointed out that no card was left and nobody called at all, they could not say why.

They then said it was auto-re-scheduled for delivery today and I got a text 5 mins later saying this but I got a call at 7pm saying still no cue. Further call to CL and told by somebody else that no delivery was attempted for today and that it would go out Monday, when I asked about what I was told this morning and the text, he could not say what happened today.

I was told that it was at a depot and an attempt at collection can be made tomorrow, I was told up to 4pm, their web says up to noon - when would you go? I pointed out 98% at 24hr shouldn't equal 5 days+ and that I had paid extra for this ****e service and my customer is still empty handed, apparently I can complain once the saga is complete, thanks

Is there anybody out there who can be trusted to deliver things including cues both quickly and at a reasonable price?

Do Not Ever Use CityLink !!

Comment

Parcel 2 go is easy and reliable

Comment

That's sounds like a complete nightmare bud......

I've had dealings with Citylink the other Xmas, and it was pure pain!!

I've just sent a cue over seas and I used http://www.p4d.co.uk to book a courier which turned out to be ParcelForce International and it came out very reasonable with insurance.....

I hope it gets sorted for you soon mate.
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
                  Parcel 2 go is easy and reliable
                  I used p2go to book the citylink option, p2go are just booking agents and can't help me with the delivery problem as they are just middlemen like a comparison website

I use myHermes for most things but like the PO they have length restrictions and the last close sub-po near me has closed

So which courier is reliable/reasonable?

Comment

Ipost parcels is very good!!!! They use uk mail which is very reliable. Size limit of 1.5m so most cues are ok if you choose the XL parcel size insurance is also cheap when insuring £500+

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                      That's sounds like a complete nightmare bud......

I've had dealings with Citylink the other Xmas, and it was pure pain!!

I've just sent a cue over seas and I used http://www.p4d.co.uk to book a courier which turned out to be ParcelForce International and it came out very reasonable with insurance.....

I hope it gets sorted for you soon mate.
                      Day 11 update!!!

Sold cue on 10th and booked citylink next day, collected but not delivered as expected on 12th, phoned citylink everyday for past 8 days and have been told every day it will be delivered the next day, many hours on phone at standard rates plus extra 10p/min to be lied to and put on hold. buyer tried to arrange pick up from local depot and was told this would be ok but when he ggot there it was lost, but since found apparently, but put somewhere safe!! Now apparently on way back to me

Have received email from citylink today advising me to claim refund for postage costs and compo as I booked citylink thru them, though citylink have agreed to bacs me related phone call costs if I provide them statements which I can do - as big an admission of guilt I can expect. will need to claim comms from ebay and paypal too but will still end up out of pocket at the end of the day.

cue sold for 125, 18.5 postage spent, 35 phone credit and 20 comms - over 70 out of pocket, buyer refunded and not got the cue back yet

moral of story - never, ever, ever use citylink

if I do get the cue back it will be relisted :/

Comment

Part 3.

Received text from CityLink advising they had now successfully returned the parcel to me, which was not surprisingly news to me. Shortly afterwards received call from original buyer who I have long since refunded to tell me that the parcel had been wedged under a metal gate outside of their door in this weather, damaged with what may be the top part of the cue hanging out - he is on his way to inspect and photo for me, again no attempt was made to knock door.

Once xmas is over he will return to me in it's damaged state, f***ing fantastic!!

I now understand why people go postal in America with guns.

Comment

The main problem with these cheap postal couriers is that they use poorly paid delivery drivers who are given too many parcels to deliver per day in the hours they are given, are paid by results and therefore do not wait at addresses for very long if no answer is received when they knock, if they knock at all.
                          Take the parcel back to the depot and they don't get paid for the delivery attempt so a lot of them will leave it anywhere nearby and claim the delivery was successful.

The best way to avoid this is for the receiver to give their place of work as the delivery address where the cue can then be collected from reception or 'goods in' at the workplace.

The Post Office have a length limit of 1.5 metres which just about fits a length tube to take a cue of 57 inches plus protective packing on the ends of a couple of inches, as 1.5 metres is bang on 59 inches. Any longer and the cashier may refuse it on the assumption that the delivery driver can refuse to take it on the basis that the longer the parcel is, the more prone to damage it becomes, therefore if it does get damaged the insurance is void.
                          The cashier may indeed be a jobsworth anyway, which is the problem I have at my local sub post office when posting cues of 58 inches or more. The older woman there takes them but the younger one flatly refuses if the parcel goes higher than the mark on the wall she uses for measurement.

Bloody jobsworths are the bane of public service.

Comment

Working...
                          X