No announcement yet.

Taking the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say be different and actually design a cue. Everyones jumping on the bandwagon with the Burwat champion lookalikes just because O'Sullivan is using one. Its a classic design yeah but its appeal imo has been watered down with the amount of lookalikes out there. Hop onto the cue builder and see if you can come up with something you like better.

Im actually suprised you're going with a Parris cue going by some of your past comments.
    Last edited by narl; 11 June 2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

We wants updates!

Comment

I you made some fair comments there Narl, so with regards to your first point on the design I think your right and am going to go with my own design.
        I have made some negative comments with regards to the price of Johns cue but never of the quality. I just feel that the time is right for me to own a ultimate this coupled with the fact the Johns not going to be around for ever so time is running out to get one of my own. With Fidea already selling them for £2000 god knows what ppl will be asking in 10 or 20 years time.

with regards to the balance point I'm not to bothered, around 17 1/2 will be fine I'll let John decide. In the mean time I am going to have one of my cue's doctored my Robert Osborne

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
          I you made some fair comments there Narl, so with regards to your first point on the design I think your right and am going to go with my own design.
          I have made some negative comments with regards to the price of Johns cue but never of the quality. I just feel that the time is right for me to own a ultimate this coupled with the fact the Johns not going to be around for ever so time is running out to get one of my own. With Fidea already selling them for £2000 god knows what ppl will be asking in 10 or 20 years time.

with regards to the balance point I'm not to bothered, around 17 1/2 will be fine I'll let John decide. In the mean time I am going to have one of my cue's doctored my Robert Osborne
          Did you visit parris store yet to get an idea of what you want?

Comment

I won't bother going down till he has selected the shaft and it is nearly ready. I'm going to be ultra fussy with the shaft no more then six evenly spaced chevrons with fairly stiff shaft. I'm not one for flash designs so it will be fairly simple, might have a play with the cue builder.
            By the way where can I get a personalised name plate from at a good price? It's not for the ultimate.

Comment

By the way where can I get a personalised name plate from at a good price? It's not for the ultimate.
              Not sure, glover possibly or andy travis spring to mind. Suppose it would depend on the style you want.

Comment

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post
                Would you mind telling John along the way that either

"His customer service sucks" or

"One of his goons is doing a bloody bad job at it"

Both these instances were via email and never got a reply back from him via email and facebook.

I wanted to place an order for an ultimate last year, knowing that the lead time is well over 30 weeks..i sent an query asking for an estimate lead time after reading the FAQ..the reply i got back was simply 'read the FAQ".....even after clarifying and stating again clearly that i wanted an "real current wating time" based on their workload i got the same bloody reply...."refer to FAQ"
                I will second this comment, exactly the same thing happened to me, I have been patient but just wanted to know that they are working on it, how big is that place over there.? Someone must keep track of orders and progress, it sure is not the guy at the computer and he might not even know who does.!!!
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

I made an inquiry by email and was told to use the cue builder and my question's were completely ignored. No personal touch, the problem is I think the admin side is run by John and his wife and like many people of there generation are not PC literate.
                  The cue builder is OK but if I'm going to pay £700 plus for a cue I will want a personalised service.

Comment

I made an inquiry by email and was told to use the cue builder and my question's were completely ignored. No personal touch, the problem is I think the admin side is run by John and his wife and like many people of there generation are not PC literate.
                    The cue builder is OK but if I'm going to pay £700 plus for a cue I will want a personalised service.
                    Give them a call, their email side seems to be run by someone who can only reply by copying and pasting from a script. Or as you're in London anyway, could take a trip to the shop.
                    Last edited by narl; 14 June 2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Personalised name plate , Glovers is the way to go. Tony makes his own nameplates for the replica and stock cues, as far as I am aware , so basically you would have a choice of colour ,design and font.Hope this helps Caz , glad you finally made it , long journey.

Comment

That was.......exactly...what happened.......to me..

Comment

Yea, same thing happened to me, i ordered a ultimate cue 10months ago, i sent an email recently asking any news for my cue , but they asked me to refer to FAQ for the lead times..
                          In progressing!!

Comment

I suppose I'll just have to keep going to the shop then. I agree with John that the cue builder tool should be used but I think with an ultimate price tag should come a ultimate service? After all these cues are supposed to be the rolls Royce of cues. I'm sure if I was buying a made to order Rolls Royce and I contacted the maker I'm pretty sure they would not refer me back to there web site.
                            well that said I'm going to place my order tomorrow haven't chosen the cue yet. Rest assured I will not accept any thing less than an ultimate shaft with ultimate craftsman ship.

Comment

OK it's done, I taken the plunge, placed the order and paid the deposit. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for 12 months.:biggrin-new:

I've gone for a...
                              one piece
                              No SD joint as I do not like them
                              the shaft must have no more than six evenly space chevrons and be stiff to firm.
                              length 58 1/4
                              Balance 17.5
                              weight 17.5
                              Tip Size 9.5 mm with an elk master tip
                              Butt 30mm
                              Africa Ebony with 1 single snake wood splice and a blue veneer.

Wish me luck and I hope to keep you updated with good things thanks
                              cazmac1
                              Last edited by cazmac1; 14 June 2012, 07:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

good luck mate, any particular reason gone for 58 1/4 length, I know it will make it easier if you decide to
                                shorten slightly in the future. Have you been playing lately with a similar spec?
                                cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X