No announcement yet.

Chinese Cues - which is the best brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Cues - which is the best brand?

We were discussing dodgy cues sold on ebay, that are made in China, painted (not real splices) and punted on to the unsuspecting/naive.

Now, are there any really good cues being made in China, to say British/Thai standards that we can all enjoy?
    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

I think LP cues, but must buy the highest one. Such king series...not the low one on ebay
    See one review from Asi....

Comment

My new LP king : you could easily "change" the badge with any top UK cue maker badge and it would look "normal"!
      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by gsmbotol View Post
        I think LP cues, but must buy the highest one. Such king series...not the low one on ebay
        See one review from Asi....
        The king series cost 1k usd man

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
          My new LP king : you could easily "change" the badge with any top UK cue maker badge and it would look "normal"!
          Change the badge, no way, you've got the best China can make; be proud of that and show her off!

Comment

I believe the top of the line LK.T cues (called 'Family I) from China are more expensive than even the LP cues King series. I have had an LK.T cue with a Family I shaft and Family II butt and a titanium/brass joint and the workmanship was excellent, however I don't think LK.T sell many cues outside of China.

A full Family I with shipping will cost around $1,300(US) or more depending on how fancy you get the butt. The ash shaft was excellent by the way but I found the cue to be a bit too stiff for me so I sold it on

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

[QUOTE=Terry Davidson;653848]I believe the top of the line LK.T cues (called 'Family I) from China are more expensive than even the LP cues King . I have had an LK.T cue with a Family I shaft and Family II butt and a titanium/brass joint and the workmanship was excellent, however I don't think LK.T sell many cues outside of China.

A full Family I with shipping will cost around $1,300(US) or more depending on how fancy you get the butt. The ash shaft was excellent by the way but the cu

be a bit too stiff for me so I sold it on

T/QUOTE]

Hi Terry, LP king has Titanium /Brass joint as well. It is very solid and looks very unique.
              Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Do you think JY Billiards are making good cues? Their top of the line, not the stuff that's cheap on ebay I mean. Any other good Chinese cue makers I should be thinking about?

Comment

woods cues are good, from what ive seen of mates who own them also another maker, with different name who apprently makes them at same place of woods cues. www.taiqiu888.com kylin handmade

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                    woods cues are good, from what ive seen of mates who own them also another maker, with different name who apprently makes them at same place of woods cues. www.taiqiu888.com kylin handmade

There appear to be quite a few on ebay, are these the ones you are talking about matty, or a Woods standard that is not on ebay?

Comment

Working...
                    X