Barry Hawkin's cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Hawkin's cue?

I am very happy to see Barry Hawkins win his first ranking title.
    Played really well in final made most of the chances he got and had several frame winning breaks.
    Well deserved victory.
    Does anyone here know which cue he uses.
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Think he's another that uses a parris. seem to remember him using this cue about 2 seasons back, taken him a while to get his best form back but he showed signs of that when he beat Selby at the Crucible this year.

Comment

Anyone know what the specifications of the Hawkins cue are?

Comment

Originally Posted by asafg View Post
        Anyone know what the specifications of the Hawkins cue are?
        If he's still using the Parris, it's about 19 oz and as far as I know a pretty standard snooker spec 58 inches and 9.5mm tip. Dean probably knows better than I do. In all seriousness, you just need to try some cues and see what is best for you. Unless you're Barry's long lost identical twin, getting a cue the same as his probably won't work for you (it would be too heavy for me for instance and I'm about his size/build)

Comment

not heard if he has a new cue but as of Aug 2020 he was still using the JP Classic (with additional olivewood splicing) he says he has had since he was 14yo
          I do not know the detailed spec but ~19oz is what I have noted.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

not heard if he has a new cue but as of Aug 2020 he was still using the JP Classic (with additional olivewood splicing) he says he has had since he was 14yo
            I do not know the detailed spec but ~19oz is what I have noted.
            I’m sure I heard a commentator mention recently that he had a new cue ..

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

He had a new Parris just before the worlds last year. Don't know how much he used it or whether he still does. I think the Classic he had was a 3/4 and the new one a 1-piece so should be easy to spot next time he plays

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

would not be surprised it seems that lockdown got a few thinking
                if he has, probably another JP
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

He had a new Parris just before the worlds last year. Don't know how much he used it or whether he still does. I think the Classic he had was a 3/4 and the new one a 1-piece so should be easy to spot next time he plays
                  If remember right the commentator said the new one was a 1 piece ... or it could have been another player

Comment

Working...
                  X