No announcement yet.

Omin cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had three o,mins and the finish was beautiful on all .

Comment

EAOIN I am sure Andy would understand , there are so many fakes around that I think we are all very sensitive to the situation some of the rip offs on e bay are bad news for the honest dealers if you see a J.P. T.W. OR M.W. for sale you get that uneasy feeling Whats the snooker scene like in Australia you have had some top players over the years is it still as popular

Comment

have to agree, the finish on the O'min cue i had was as good as i have seen on any cue.

Comment

I love it so much~~~~ Lols...
          Have been struggling between Master Cue & Omin, by chance and got an Omin

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...cue!**/page425

Comment

Originally Posted by Ct13 View Post

What do you think of it ? have you the Red Omin tip find it a good tip but needs a fair amount of chalking, the finish on mine it better that any cue I have owned and makes the other cues I own look a bit shabby, the splicing is almost clinical if you know what I mean I used in my local tournament for the first time " Not a good idea with a cue you have never played with" but I got into the semi-final" so I was a happy bunny. Let me know how it plays. Are you based in the U.K. As Omin are a bit hard to find in the U.K.
            Last edited by denja; 23 February 2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
              What do you think of it ? have you the Red Omin tip find it a good tip but needs a fair amount of chalking, the finish on mine it better that any cue I have owned and makes the other cues I own look a bit shabby, the splicing is almost clinical if you know what I mean I used in my local tournament for the first time " Not a good idea with a cue you have never played with" but I got into the semi-final" so I was a happy bunny. Let me know how it plays. Are you based in the U.K. As Omin are a bit hard to find in the U.K.
              I do have Omin red tip but yet to use it, i am currently using Elkmaster tip.
              I find this cue(Union) stiffness is medium hard, powerful(still trying to learn how to strength control for soft pot). Overall i find this cue well balance, don't feel heavy even though it is 18.75 Oz(compare to my previous 17.5 Oz) when i hold & rest the cue on my bridge hand.
              Is a value for money I would say.
              I am base in Singapore, it is not easy to get good UK cue here, cost are scary compare to what you can get in UK. That's the reason most of local here are playing with Thai's cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                Six of these cues came my way and the first thing I did was to rub one down with abrasive to ensure it was a genuine hand spliced cue and the ebony had not been treated to enhance it in any way.Easy done as there was no varnish to remove and I was satisfied that the cues were all hand spliced to a high standard.Still being wary and not having much experience in this field I sent some photos of the cues to ADR 147 for his opinion and Andrew said if they are fakes they are very good ones which I go with myself. If I was sure they were fake I would would simply remove the nameplates and splice an extra bit on to take a refurbished cue badge and sell them as that. Omin or not these are cues made in my opinion to a high standard and I have done as much as I can to be upfront about them.One thing I noticed was Samling saying that there is also a Chinese Omin which really makes things interesting.
                A Chinese omin has a little R near the omin sign. Its a chinese company which registerated the name omin before the real omin did. Well made cues too but were made in china and said they were made in thailand.If you get your cues from thailand that fine but from china there is only one man who is able to sell real Thai omin cues. Very likely to buy one from you can you pick up one of the best of six for me?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ct13 View Post

If your cue has a little R its a Chinese cue.

Comment

Where is this R exactly Samling,I also read that Omin get cues made in China from a factory licensed by them.

Comment

Where is this R exactly Samling,I also read that Omin get cues made in China from a factory licensed by them.
                      Hi Andy notice the one you put on ebay has a 10mm tip. Were they all the same or did any have small tips?
                      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

They were all 10mm but would taper a little without any bother,just a couple left.

Comment

thats only some machine made cue. the R is near the Omin. can't find it on your cues badge.

Comment

can you find this cue on omins website?

Comment

Thanks Samling was a bit worried there,who is the one man in China that sells Omin cues.

Comment

Thanks Samling was a bit worried there,who is the one man in China that sells Omin cues.
                                relax without the R it should be a real Thai omin and if you can find this cue on its website that means it should be a real Thai cue. the man in china is Mr Liao. He buy cues from omin and have a few sellers selling for him, too. the Chinese omin cues are hand made cues as well some said those are fine cues. But we Chinese just dont like the way they said they are Thai cues. I can ring him for you if you want. lingjiecai18@gmail.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X