No announcement yet.

ANDY TRAVIS latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a challenge, snakewood splices + added 3'' exploded while under repair

After repair
    Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
    Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
    https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
    S36 1LB

Comment

• [QUOTE=Andy Travis;793802]Bit of a challenge, snakewood splices + added 3'' exploded while under repair

Comment

• Repair looks great . . . I would have thought that cue was dead and ready to be buried.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          Repair looks great . . . I would have thought that cue was dead and ready to be buried.
          or burned, oops shouldn't bring that subject up!

great work there Andy
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• this is classed as magic in my book
            a bad player who love cues

Comment

• question is, how did the cue end up in that condition in the first place?

Nice repair work Andy.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                question is, how did the cue end up in that condition in the first place?

Nice repair work Andy.
                he did say it happened during repair adding 3", I recall Dan Shelton saying he was working on a cue to reweight it and during the drilling the splices blew off.
                he also said that some glues used with the lead weights can expand when curing enough to break the butt splicings.
                dangerous business this cuemaking/repairing
                Last edited by DeanH; 6 August 2014, 12:00 PM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Travis work looks good,does anyone know the difference in his work compared to the likes of white,wooldridge,etc as surely many get the wood from the same place?

Comment

• ANDY TRAVIS latest

price , waiting period , that's about all

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      he did say it happened during repair adding 3", I recall Dan Shelton saying he was working on a cue to reweight it and during the drilling the splices blew off.
                      he also said that some glues used with the lead weights can expand when curing enough to break the butt splicings.
                      dangerous business this cuemaking/repairing
                      Oooops, never read what Andy wrote, that will teach me for posting early in the morning!

Comment

• Very nice work andy looks stunning.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                        Bit of a challenge, snakewood splices + added 3'' exploded while under repair

After repair

Comment

• Andy did you have to re taper the shaft when you respliced the butt or could this kind of job be done without touching the shaft.

Comment

• No retaper, just cleaned up when splicing was finished
                            S36 1LB

Comment

• SOLD SOLD On ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2814074789...9#ht_234wt_958

[/QUOTE]
                              Last edited by Andy Travis; 13 August 2014, 11:45 PM.
                              S36 1LB

Comment

• This is supre use of olivewood!! Gewat looking cue! Someine wilk get a piece of art!!
                                a bad player who love cues

Comment

Working...
                                X