Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Very very nice
    whats the waiting time for one of these andy?

Comment

• Around 4 weeks but I will have another one ready this week
      Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
      Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
      https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
      S36 1LB

Comment

• I feel really bad saying this, but I don't like the other badge!

No disrespect to AT - he's worked on a few of my cues and I've recommended him on here loads of times - but I wouldn't buy a replica cue with a second badge saying 'this is a replica'.

The very presence of the badge means its not a bloody replica cue

<~~ now running for cover ~~>
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
          I feel really bad saying this, but I don't like the other badge!

No disrespect to AT - he's worked on a few of my cues and I've recommended him on here loads of times - but I wouldn't buy a replica cue with a second badge saying 'this is a replica'.

The very presence of the badge means its not a bloody replica cue

<~~ now running for cover ~~>
          Amazing, half the time this forum calls for transparency, thats all he's doing

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
            Amazing, half the time this forum calls for transparency, thats all he's doing
            what do you mean 'amazing'?

I wasn't being critical of AT, merely stating my opinion that the inclusion of an additional badge means its not a replica cue anymore.

Comment

• sorry b wrong terminology dint mean it at you,just an observation in general

Comment

• any chance of one in maple andy?

Comment

• John blackburn just got one,lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                    sorry b wrong terminology dint mean it at you,just an observation in general
                    no worries at all... I just believe the onus shouldn't be on the maker to make clear its a replica.

Admittedly I'm sure some scally would try and dupe a novice into buying a replica as a genuine cue, but that's not, or at least shouldn't really be, the makers concern, IMHO.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                      ... I just believe the onus shouldn't be on the maker to make clear its a replica.

How else could it be done then ??

Comment

• Like I said you could etch the makers name on back of badge.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          How else could it be done then ??
                          I'm not advocating is should be done at all.

you don't get an additional badge on a Shelby Cobra kit car or a reproduction Thomas Chippendale chair saying 'this isn't real' do you?

if you buy a cue that turns out to be a fake / replica / reproduction etc go to the police if you're that concerned about it. The buyer's common sense should be the first line of defence.

But Jim's idea sounds quite fair to me.

Comment

• True but you get a rover v8 on a kit car��

Comment

• It's totally up to people what they spend their cash on but why anyone would want a replica cue anyhow is beyond me, if you want let's say a mannock replica get the likes of glover or whoever to make you one but with the actual cue makers name on it not the badge to go with it. Whether the old burwats etc are good players or not it shouldn't matter you buy it because of the history of Burroughes & watts and what the cue stood for not getting someone like travis to make you a non-real one. Just my opinion I mean no malice in the post before someone jump on my shoulders

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                                It's totally up to people what they spend their cash on but why anyone would want a replica cue anyhow is beyond me, if you want let's say a mannock replica get the likes of glover or whoever to make you one but with the actual cue makers name on it not the badge to go with it. Whether the old burwats etc are good players or not it shouldn't matter you buy it because of the history of Burroughes & watts and what the cue stood for not getting someone like travis to make you a non-real one. Just my opinion I mean no malice in the post before someone jump on my shoulders
                                I cant see the point of replicas too, Leo.

I can see why people like particular splicing combinations ala Mannock but I guess its each to their own. I still stand by what I said regarding an additional badge being quite pointless though.

Comment

Working...
                                X