No announcement yet.

ANDY TRAVIS latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very nice. what wood is that for the front splice? rosewood?

Comment

• Indian rosewood
      Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
      Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
      https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
      S36 1LB

Comment

• Just needs the word replica in small letters between the burroughes & watts ltd and the reg number. Discreet and honest and no need for another badge.
        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
          Just needs the word replica in small letters between the burroughes & watts ltd and the reg number. Discreet and honest and no need for another badge.
          and that would tell you who made it?

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
            and that would tell you who made it?
            ha ha forgot that bit. How does Tony Glover badge his replica cues? Does he have 2 badges?
            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
              ha ha forgot that bit. How does Tony Glover badge his replica cues? Does he have 2 badges?
              He doesn't !! that's the problem, a few decades down the line who is to know what's real anymore ??? just an "R" on the badge would at least let you know it's a replica

Comment

• I think what andy has done is very honest and whilst paying homage to the old burwat champion he retains the right to say he made it

Comment

• Well my view is Andys burwat looks nothing like an original burwat mainly due it's condition which is new and the likely hood of finding an untouched burwat in this condition ain't going to happen, second thing is the ash shaft looks to good also and the third thing is Andys cue is worth £100 more then a decent burwat anyhow.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    Well my view is Andys burwat looks nothing like an original burwat mainly due it's condition which is new and the likely hood of finding an untouched burwat in this condition ain't going to happen
                    That's the idea, for Burwat lovers to have their favourite cue in new condition and the added bonus of being an excellent playing cue
                    Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                    Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                    https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                    S36 1LB

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                      That's the idea, for Burwat lovers to have their favourite cue in new condition and the added bonus of being an excellent playing cue
                      That's what I'm getting at, in a way you not putting the replica badge on would make that cue worth getting more then a burwat

Comment

the likely hood of finding an untouched burwat in this condition ain't going to happen
                        You'd be surprised. Many collectors have cues much older than a burwat champion, which are in as new original condition.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                          You'd be surprised. Many collectors have cues much older than a burwat champion, which are in as new original condition.
                          yes I understand that but those kind of cues are less prone to float the market like the burwat champions do hence the lesser established cue will normally only attract a collector where it will stay locked up for a very long time.

Comment

That's what I'm getting at, in a way you not putting the replica badge on would make that cue worth getting more then a burwat
                            mmmm an idea.... buy a cheap, original Burwat (less than £150 if possible) copy an Andy Travis 'this is a replica' badge, fit it to original Burwat and and sell for £300

fake the replica... #genius
                            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

mmmm an idea.... buy a cheap, original Burwat (less than £150 if possible) copy an Andy Travis 'this is a replica' badge, fit it to original Burwat and and sell for £300

fake the replica... #genius
                              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                He doesn't !! that's the problem, a few decades down the line who is to know what's real anymore ??? just an "R" on the badge would at least let you know it's a replica
                                Think I like that idea better yes. Don't get me wrong I think Andy's work is up there with the best and I am a big fan, that cue looks terrific, but to me its like he's created a perfect work of art then drilled a hole in the back and defaced it. (just my humble opinion not that its worth much?

Cosmetically to me the badge on the back detracts from the beauty of the cue. I'm sure Andy was looking for feedback to the badge idea when he posted the pics and whilst I fully support the idea of upfront honesty where replicas are concerned I think it would be visually better to include the info in the one badge somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X