buying online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying online

who has brought a cue online with out trying it out and been happy with there purchase

i want a new cue but have no good cue makers where i live so online seems to be my only option but I'm worried i might not be happy with my purchase i was thinking of a getting a craftsman cue so £100 to £150 is alot of money to wast for me

feel free too post your opinions on the subject
    thank you
    purchased online and happy with it
    0%
    purchased online and not happy with it
    0%
    I have been a cowboy for many YEEEEEHAA'S

I think there will be more people disappointed than pleased when buying a cue without trying it first. However there are a lot of people in your position that haven't got any option other to buy a cue without trying it out first.

Naming a specific cue brand or model does not mean anything so I would disregard this. For the record I bought my cue from Parris 10 years ago and ordered it via a telephone call (didn't have Internet option back then!)

What I will say is if you order a cue from a decent cue maker then you should get pretty much what you are looking for. OK it might not be perfect and any new cue takes some getting used to, but I think ordering a cue from someone like Craftsman is probably the best choice you have.

Comment

thanks for your reply cueman i think i will be happy with any cue apart form my present one from wot I've read craftsman are good value for money i looked at other custom cues and there just to much money for my skill level i don't deserver one yet for a long long while

Comment

Well, I can testify that Craftsman makes a really good job. I ordered them a cue, custom made, via the internet (and I accompanied my order with a mail to explain a bit more what I was looking for). And I am really happy with it, quality-wise. Of course, when ordering online, there is always a part of risk but I mean, for every custom made cue, it will be the same problem...

Anyway, you can trust in Craftsman!
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I agree - you'll be looked after by Craftsman but consider others like Mastercraft, Cuecraft and these companies' numerous distributors.
          MaXimumbreak - Where Everyone's a Winner
          It's now free to join!!!
          MaXimumbreak Snooker Store

Comment

just took a look on the Mastercraft homepage some very nice good priced cues on there to more decisions to make now. i want it to be custom made cos I'm pretty short and I've herd that as a rule of thumb the cue should be about shoulder hight my currant cue is 57" and i find to long for me when i take shot with it i have to hold it about 4" from the butt so how important is it to hold the cue right on the end when taking your shot

i was thinking of getting 55" because that is the hight to my shoulder would this be to short for a snooker cue

Comment

Originally Posted by sticky
              just took a look on the Mastercraft homepage some very nice good priced cues on there to more decisions to make now. i want it to be custom made cos I'm pretty short and I've herd that as a rule of thumb the cue should be about shoulder hight my currant cue is 57" and i find to long for me when i take shot with it i have to hold it about 4" from the butt so how important is it to hold the cue right on the end when taking your shot

i was thinking of getting 55" because that is the hight to my shoulder would this be to short for a snooker cue

How tall are you?

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1
                How tall are you?
                I'm 5'5" and my shoulder hight is 56"

Comment

Sticky - where are you based? I have a store in Weymouth if any help to you?

The majority of my trade is now conducted online - legally due to distance selling regulations you have 7 days from receipt of the cue in which to send it back for a full refund if you are not entirley satisfied. This can be for any reason - not just damage or defects. This does not apply on all specifically made cues though - generally on production models like Peradon, Cue Craft etc...

The only thing I always ask is that the cue is not chalked - you can get the right feel just through playing centre ball shots and that is fine, Also when returning make sure it is in immaculate condition and in the same packaging. Most reputable Internet dealers will abide by these rules
                  Watch Exclusive Snooker Live & On Demand
                  Freeview Snooker TV channel

Comment

Originally Posted by The_Teach
                    Sticky - where are you based? I have a store in Weymouth if any help to you?

The majority of my trade is now conducted online - legally due to distance selling regulations you have 7 days from receipt of the cue in which to send it back for a full refund if you are not entirley satisfied. This can be for any reason - not just damage or defects. This does not apply on all specifically made cues though - generally on production models like Peradon, Cue Craft etc...

The only thing I always ask is that the cue is not chalked - you can get the right feel just through playing centre ball shots and that is fine, Also when returning make sure it is in immaculate condition and in the same packaging. Most reputable Internet dealers will abide by these rules

thanks but i have ordered one now and it should be here in the next few days cant wait

Comment

Working...
                    X