Question for the cue makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
    If it's playing as good as it looks then I doubt you'd find a cue as good as it! Looks stunning mate :snooker:
    You obviously haven't seen my Trevor white then mate
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
      You obviously haven't seen my Trevor white then mate
      Where can I access pictures? :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Where can I access pictures? :snooker:
        Here you go will: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...257#post716257

Comment

Damn, it's a close call! Think I prefer the Coutts if I'm honest though :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Here is the finished article, im hoping to receive it on tuesday as geoff large will be fitting a new cloth on my favourite table, at my local club on tuesday morning.
            The cue looks amazing I love the malee burr and thick maple veneer and the 9 dark clear chevrons look perfect. Dave is a master craftsman thats for sure:

That is absolutely stunning bud........
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

perfect shaft, cracking looking cue that :snooker:
              Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 17 August 2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

what a great thread Rob, and thanks to both you and Dave for letting us see the process right through, the cue is one of the nicest i have seen, it seems a popular design that.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dave-Coutt...item3f28a5a3c0 Didn't get on with it as well as you did your Trevor then mate? Should fetch a good price though :snooker:

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dave-Coutt...item3f28a5a3c0 Didn't get on with it as well as you did your Trevor then mate? Should fetch a good price though :snooker:
                    Does Dave Coutts really charge nearly £800 for package ???? ....... gulp, guess i won't be owning one of his cues then

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Does Dave Coutts really charge nearly £800 for package ???? ....... gulp, guess i won't be owning one of his cues then
                      You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        That was my mistake in the listing, Dave would charge £777 for the package if it had 1 of his hand made badges and he had planed it down from a 60" block of ash, as he didnt do that he put a platinum badge in for me. Now I've looked on Daves website and it says its made from the best ash and he chooses the design, which he did on this cue but to be honest I'm not sure what Dave coutts platinum cues sell for lol. As it says on the site they will be very limited amount of these made for sale so not sure what price to sell for really as I've never seen 1 for sale that's why I was gonna do the 99p start and let the market decide. Might wait till tomorrow to list it on a 5 day auction so it ends on Sunday afternoon as that seems to be a good time to end the auction
                        Last edited by rob s; 26 August 2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

To be honest it plays just as good as my Trevor white but I knocked in my 56 and 57 with the TW and I've only knocked in a 40 and a 37 with the coutts so I'm gonna stick with my Trevor white, also if I'm honest I could do with the cash
                          Last edited by rob s; 26 August 2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

To be honest it plays just as good as my Trevor white but I knocked in my 56 and 57 with the TW and I've only knocked in a 40 and a 37 with the coutts so I'm gonna stick with my Trevor white, also if I'm honest I could do with the cash
                            Fair enough, what kind of price did you have in mind for it, if you don't mind me asking? Can PM me if you'd rather. :snooker:

Comment

Fair enough, what kind of price did you have in mind for it, if you don't mind me asking? Can PM me if you'd rather. :snooker:
                              Honestly not sure exactly what I would want for it, its the best shaft I've ever seen and it plays lovely so I was thinking it would fetch £600 minimum on eBay with the extensions and case but I could be wrong. Put it this way I was speaking to another member of TSF on saturday night and I was considering selling them my Trevor white cue as I think the Dave coutts cue is that good. I didn't get an offer for my Trevor white from them in the end so I thought I should keep it cos I had my highest break with it but cos I need the cash for other purchases I decided to list the Dave coutts but I am not even sure about that lol :snooker:

Comment

So I decided to go for a knock today with the Dave Coutts as I really do like it and I wanted to knock in my highest break with it so I could keep it ahead of my TW. Anyway practice went ok and I was getting 6-7 out of 10 long blue but only getting 40s from the line up then missing (not good enough I know). So I went for a quick cigarette break and asked 1 of the guys who works at the club part time if he fancied a frame, a few mins in to the frame he missed a black off its spot and I preceded to pot 8 reds with 2 blacks and 5 pinks then missed a pink to the middle for a 58 which would have beaten my highest break of 57. Still I thought the 52 was a nice break and suffice to say I won that frame.
                                After that happened I decided that I can play well with either cue and can knock in 50s with either cue so I chose the cue with the nicest looking shaft which is the Dave Coutts. As I still need the cash the Trevor White cue and extensions is now on ebay for a 99p start and no reserve:
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trevor-Whi...item3f28b8fc04

Comment

Working...
                                X