The TW I 've finally settled on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inoff:

Pretty much exactly on my specs too so there will be a bidding war if you ever do sell it (although I do have an older order of 2 cues coming from Trevor shortly, one of them for a collector but I get a choice).

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Lovely cue, Inoff... that's a keeper.

Would you also be sharing what pointers you picked up from Del Hill? I'd like to make a 126 too...
      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
        Lovely cue, Inoff... that's a keeper.

Would you also be sharing what pointers you picked up from Del Hill? I'd like to make a 126 too...
        Sure.. pretty much what I said here:

As per Del Hill's method.. 80% of aiming is taken on approach..

Stand behind the shot. Walk into the shot with your right foot ( if right handed ) on the line of aim. Bring your bridge arm to the white. Do NOT start feathering until you are settled on the shot and your cue is against your chest ( chest to cue ). NEVER bring your cue to your chest ( as this will take your cue offline ). Always chest to cue..

If you have have done as above.. your eyes/brain will already realise you are aiming correctly.. you won't need loads of feathers, just the 2 ( or even just 1 ) will do. It will speed your play up on the shot..

Bottom line.. after ALL these years.. I wasn't aiming properly! So I got myself into a situation where I thought I HAD hit the ball sweet.. but I was off the correct line of aim!

Coupled that with.. as a 'driver' I was 'long'. My cue arm was beyond the vertical.. So I was striking the white 'too soon'. Meaning.. now, my arm is at the vertical.. as my cue starts To go through the cueball I'm reaching max. acceleration.. where as BEFORE I had already reached that [and passed] by the time I was striking the white.

This makes SO MUCH sense now. As before ( when I thought I was timing the ball well ), I would play a shot, whether it be power, top, deep screw and get hardly anything out of the cueball ( at least into relation as to how good the shot felt after I had played it ).

NOW.. I'm playing shots with such ease.. also because I'm aiming right I'm not feathering loads as my brain isn't asking me "does this look right to you? Are you SURE you want to play the shot at this angle?"

Before I was leaning back on the shot, this made my cue arm long. I had this thing about holding a cue right at the end of the butt:

Now I lean into the shot ( yet another basic error! ). Del put tape on my cue to remind the correct place to hold it. It didn't take me too long thankfully and I removed it after 2-3 days:

So what had happened over time.. stupid little errors/bad habits had crept into my game. One bad habit led to another and another etc..

Each to their own, but it worked for me. Good luck

Comment

Thanks for sharing, very much appreciated...

I do try to nip bad habits in the bud but it's those that you are unaware of that causes the most frustration.

It's great that you have so many good coaches over there... and cue makers too.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, very much appreciated...

I do try to nip bad habits in the bud but it's those that you are unaware of that causes the most frustration.

It's great that you have so many good coaches over there... and cue makers too.
            Come over, have a holiday with coaching at Del's and go over to Lincoln and Stamford which are only an hour or so away and go and see Coutts, Stamford cues and possibly Robin Cook even. All your snooker dreams rolled into one lol :snooker: Del is the best, his son Tommy is pretty awesome too though!
            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
              Come over, have a holiday with coaching at Del's and go over to Lincoln and Stamford which are only an hour or so away and go and see Coutts, Stamford cues and possibly Robin Cook even. All your snooker dreams rolled into one lol :snooker: Del is the best, his son Tommy is pretty awesome too though!
              I'll be doing all that and watch the World Championship at the Crucible... eventually. Hopefully sooner than later...

Comment

I'll be doing all that and watch the World Championship at the Crucible... eventually. Hopefully sooner than later...
                Sheffield is only an hour and a half from his place :snooker:
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Hi,really appreciate your information.thanks.can you tell me what is your current cue length while you playing and your height please?thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X