Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the differences between "softer" cue and a "harder" cue? Advantage and disadv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the differences between "softer" cue and a "harder" cue? Advantage and disadv

I'm just wondering, what's the differences between a softer shaft cue and a harder one? Just curious about this....

It has to do with shaft flex, i.e. - stiff, medium or whippy although I haven't heard the term 'softer' or 'harder' used in this respect before. Most stock cues will normally come with a medium-stiff shaft and anything else would have to special ordered.

Some players prefer a stiff shaft whereas others will prefer a medium however I don't know of anyone who prefers a whippy shaft.

What you want is balance between long ball potting and control in the balls. Usually a medium to medium-stiff shaft will give you both. In addition normally a stiff shaft will give more throw on the cueball when using side or unintentional side.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      It has to do with shaft flex, i.e. - stiff, medium or whippy although I haven't heard the term 'softer' or 'harder' used in this respect before. Most stock cues will normally come with a medium-stiff shaft and anything else would have to special ordered.

Some players prefer a stiff shaft whereas others will prefer a medium however I don't know of anyone who prefers a whippy shaft.

What you want is balance between long ball potting and control in the balls. Usually a medium to medium-stiff shaft will give you both. In addition normally a stiff shaft will give more throw on the cueball when using side or unintentional side.

Terry

Oppsssss, sorry for using the wrong words, Yeah , i mean the stiff of the shaft. I was using a stiff cue before, but just cant get used to it. Now I changed to a medium-stiff cue and its feel good. Thank you for the explaination, Terry.

Comment

Working...
      X