No announcement yet.

Anybody know what this badge is ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Kev retired NW cues have done well . The last one I bid on like your friends was ash not maple and had one front splice , went for around £92 + postage. Your friends cue , without knowing the full spec , I would expect £100- £150 , possibly closer to £200 if two people really want it.Dean I have sent j.pegs to your e-mail account , hope they come through , feel free to post on the forum.

Comment

Thanks again !! I will sort some pictures tomorrow and try and post them on here but may very well put the cue package on Ebay depends what my mate has to say ??

Comment

Many thanks old school
        here for everyone interested
        North West Cues 'Lancashire Rose' badge
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yeah that was a thicko typo I meant to type 2000 which would have made more sense !!

Comment

Originally Posted by tomeestrings View Post
            Yeah that was a thicko typo I meant to type 2000 which would have made more sense !!
            It's NOT a North West badge if you were to ask me. I recognised the rose emblem instantly from the close-up picture and so I dug out my old cue which I no longer use, It was bought for me back in 1999 for my 30th birthday and yes it's identical. I was trying to find out some information on the cue last year and although I knew it was a Cuecraft cue I didn't know what the model was, I bought it from Alliance snooker in Liverpool who have never stocked North West cues to my knowledge. It was top end in the Cuecraft range as it cost about £150 back then.

Comment

Originally Posted by black21920 View Post
              It's NOT a North West badge if you were to ask me. I recognised the rose emblem instantly from the close-up picture and so I dug out my old cue which I no longer use, It was bought for me back in 1999 for my 30th birthday and yes it's identical. I was trying to find out some information on the cue last year and although I knew it was a Cuecraft cue I didn't know what the model was, I bought it from Alliance snooker in Liverpool who have never stocked North West cues to my knowledge. It was top end in the Cuecraft range as it cost about £150 back then.
              Hmm well if you read the posts it has been confirmed by the maker that it is North West

Comment

Definitely a north west my mate uses one with same badge

Comment

Nothing to stop more than one maker using the red rose emblem as doubt its copyrighted.
                  "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Cue Craft did use a red rose on one of their badges but the badge did not have the "pie-crust" edging to it. And theirs also did not have "North West Cues" written on it, I shall have a look around as I am sure I have an image of the Cue Craft badge

Comment

The badge on my cuecraft isnt red but I think I know what you are talkiing about...the one i'm talking about on my cue is identical ( black/gold) with a silver trim as pictured in a previous post. If I get the time I will try to upload a picture of it but don't hold your breath as I've never done that before

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        Definitely a north west my mate uses one with same badge
                        Definitely NOT necessarily an original North West cue. I have infinite knowledge of North West cues originally derived of the Barracuda brand. Kevin Muncaster used the badge early in his development of North West cues and this usage was expanded to cover a large number of cheaper cues ( Even club style cheapies) There are many hundreds of them in the market particularly in the south of the country. F.:snooker: The original main distributor of Roger Bucknal's Barracuda cues, Ed Mcgraths subsequent Barracuda cues and many others.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Cue Craft did use a red rose on one of their badges but the badge did not have the "pie-crust" edging to it. And theirs also did not have "North West Cues" written on it, I shall have a look around as I am sure I have an image of the Cue Craft badge
                          Well I agree with this and have seen them on North west cues so - not sure if others used the same badge but never seen the same badge on any other cue - you obviously have though so I stand corrected

Comment

sorry Byrom, I think I may have misled you, I was saying that CueCraft did a badge with a rose - not the exact same badge as we are discussing here.
                            Frank - you did mention when we met that you did some badging for Kevin when he first started out after Barracuda, so you say this badge appears on may other makes of cue, but did Kevin worked on those cues - hence the badge?
                            Last edited by DeanH; 30 September 2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              sorry Byrom, I think I may have misled you, I was saying that CueCraft did a badge with a rose - not the exact same badge as we are discussing here.
                              Frank - you did mention when we met that you did some badging for Kevin when he first started out after Barracuda, so you say this badge appears on may other makes of cue, but did Kevin worked on those cues - hence the badge?
                              For business reasons upon which I will elucidate no further the golden rose cue badge whilst initiated in the early cues made by Kevin has actually been in constant use for some years. Both UK. made and imported cues carry the badge but to my knowledge all across a large price range are perfectly playable well made and of an acceptable quality. Regards to you and family and by the way I have looked out some magazines for you. F.

Comment

Anyone know the best way to attach a jpeg on here..file size is only 92kb after resizing, was originally 1.28mb as it came up with message saying files over 200kb too large?? It wont straight forward copy and paste into text, I've also tried sending it via insert image from the button bar but with no success.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X