No announcement yet.

Banana Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have made two stainless steel tapered tubes , the inner tube has hundreds of small holes to allow steam to pass through and the outer sleeve is attached to my Goblin teasmade I just set the alarm and get more than I bargained for !!! Plus a straight cue !!! Doesn't get better than that lol x T

Comment

Thanks, it looks like the answer. Thanks to everyone.
      Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
      Just found this tool . . . thoughts?

Comment

endless thoughts in the minds of people ))) and why not to stroke the cue flat-iron ...: Confused:
        Last edited by Andrii; 1 October 2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Only problem with using steam is you are going to need to re finish the cue, whereas using your hands to "stretch" the grain means instant results
          Yes you do need to refinish the cue, I find its a more permanent repair than just bending the cue and stretching, also less chance of snapping it lol

Comment

Originally Posted by tomeestrings View Post
            That is certainly the strangest recommendation I have heard on here ?? Cue over a pan !!!
            Please don't do this at home !! Could result in pain !!! Dave you really are a hobbyist , Bless
            Tell ya what, go f**k yourself you f**king c**t. Never claimed to be anything else but a hobbyist unlike you with your know it all attitude, stick to ****ing pianos coz ya know f**k all about cues!!!! Sick to the back teeth of you talking s**t having a go at every comment I make.

Comment

That is certainly the strangest recommendation I have heard on here ?? Cue over a pan !!!
              Not as strange as telling people not to fill the grain of ash shafts!!!

Comment

Firstly how bent is it - rotate under your dominant eye, do not roll it on a table, most bends you can do in a few seconds by flexing against the bend.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  Firstly how bent is it - rotate under your dominant eye, do not roll it on a table, most bends you can do in a few seconds by flexing against the bend.
                  Wot ? No kettles, pre-loaded hooks ?

Would a Corby trouser press work on the bend ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Say it how it is Dave ha ha. Steam has been used for centuries to bend wood into shape but it should be clamped into the straight position by means of a jig and allowed to dry out naturally over a period of time to prevent it springing back into the bent position.
                    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

there are more radical methods to align and stress relieving .: Confused:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7se...yUP7qv27jCdOVK

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                        Say it how it is Dave ha ha. Steam has been used for centuries to bend wood into shape but it should be clamped into the straight position by means of a jig and allowed to dry out naturally over a period of time to prevent it springing back into the bent position.
                        Just had enough of his crap mate. As I said ill leave the cue for 24hrs to see allow it to settle a bit and check if its stayed straight, sometimes need to repeat the procedure especially with maple shafts. I've never claimed to be a professional cue doctor, I just enjoy it and learn as I'm going with help along the way

Comment

Dave I appreciate your suggestions & ADR147 I will look it over and also consider your suggestion. Thanks again guys.
                          What a Great source for everything snooker . The Best Snooker Forum in the WORLD!

Comment

Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
                            Dave I appreciate your suggestions & ADR147 I will look it over and also consider your suggestion. Thanks again guys.
                            What a Great source for everything snooker . The Best Snooker Forum in the WORLD!
                            No problem Bob, my apologies for the argument on your thread

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                              Tell ya what, go f**k yourself you f**king c**t. Never claimed to be anything else but a hobbyist unlike you with your know it all attitude, stick to ****ing pianos coz ya know f**k all about cues!!!! Sick to the back teeth of you talking s**t having a go at every comment I make.
                              wow Dave I guess this means the marriage is off then

Comment

why not use a hair dryer if you want to solve the problem in 10 minutes .

Comment

Working...
                                X