No announcement yet.

CUE BUYING ADVICE - The Definitive Thread - Please Read First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame two trolls ruined this thread. Hope the mods can clean it up as it had the potential to be a good thread.

Also, how can you be calling out people for being racist when you live in hong kong? Seriously…

Comment

My Cue buying advice and i am no expert don't worry about that but do not go smaller than a 9.5ishmm tip on any cue unless you are a Pro!

I have a Cue i got for free which is decent quality but has an 8mm Elkmaster tip and gee it is hard to pot with sometimes as you lose a heap of accuracy unless your basic fundamentals are spot on. Control of the White ball is good and it delivers awesome swerve shots and screw backs but these are no good if you can't pot the object ball!! lol

Would be good to have this thread back on track as there is some great Info in here and it should not be lost and/or forgotten about.
      If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

My cue buying advice:

Deffinately dont need an 'expensive' cue to make big breaks and win matches, I used a £5 argos cue for about 3 years when I started playing the game and had a 49 break with it. My mate had a 140 break with his 'unbranded' inexpensive cue. Much more relys on your cue action.

I personally believe older cues are nicer and of better quality as they have stood the test of time. Parris cues and other big names are okay but from personal experience I dont get on that well with them.

Know your specs

Often you can find a good buy on this forum, but only deal with paypal.

Avoid varnished cues, or buy some wirewool to take the varnish off as this just makes the cue horrible and sticky even if it does protect it.

Generally it is better to try a cue before buying it, I went to that cue shop in sheffield (cant remember his name) and tried a cue in there that was probably the best cue ive ever used (and didnt buy it! Although its similar to my current cue)
        Last edited by alex_5525; 12 November 2013, 10:57 AM. Reason: More to add
        wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

Working...
        X