Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood filler help

Greetings all,
    Can anyone tell me please what sort of wood filler I should use to make a cue feel smoother and perhaps some advice on how to go about it.
    I recently acquired a cue that feels quite " grainy " and I know that sanding it is not the answer.
    Many thanks in advance.
    " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Wood filler help

aurora grain filler and oil works a treat.

1 lightly sand and clean shaft back to wood.
    2 apply grain filler over the entire shaft.
    3 lightly re sand aft leaving for few hrs so you can go back to wood.
    4 oil cue and leave again and buff out

perfect

Comment

Attached should be the pics from after sanding applying the filler, then sanding it off and re finish with oil
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by drury1986 View Post
        Attached should be the pics from after sanding applying the filler, then sanding it off and re finish with oil
        Thank you Drury,
        Just tried the Aurora website but he is out of stock.
        " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

and what is this stuff ? what is its composition? or give me a link to the page Aurora please... just wondering

Comment

Wood filler help

im not really sure what the composition is tbh... but have to say i really recommend brings grain out like new.

maybe send a message to richsrd or airin i think there names are very helpful chaps might be able to sort something out.

Comment

Originally Posted by drury1986 View Post
              holy smokes is that the same cue?

Comment

I would hate to ruin my cue, by risking doing this by myself, does anyone know roughly the cost of getting a pro, to refinish your cue?, I have put a tiny dint in it as well (stretching then hitting the shade with it as I tried to lumber off the table lol, )
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yes same cue byrom, that one in question i did for a friend as i gave mine a full revamp and couldnt beleive how good it comes out

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    I would hate to ruin my cue, by risking doing this by myself, does anyone know roughly the cost of getting a pro, to refinish your cue?, I have put a tiny dint in it as well (stretching then hitting the shade with it as I tried to lumber off the table lol, )
                    Really is not as hard as you may think, I'm not expert.. just need to take your time doing it mate, the ding could be easily streamed out, but if you'd really rather get a cue maker/doctor to do it I'd ask Andy Travis on here first.
                    Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 15 December 2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                      Really is not as hard as you may think, I'm not expert.. just need to take your time doing it mate, the ding could be easily streamed out, but if you'd really rather get a cue maker/doctor to do it I'd ask Andy Travis on here first.
                      Cheers fella, don't know why I didn't think of Andy straight away, I will wait till the end of the snooker league season, maybe my stubble will sand the cue smooth by itself lol.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                      X