Stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Wity
    I wouldn't say that exactly. American pool cue are far more Arty, English more traditional and science does have a place but in cuebuilding i think most would say its experience and the undefinable feel that makes a good cue.
    by art i did not mean visual artistry, but rather what you said later on in your sentence. a typical cue maker makes a cue by experience and feel not by a scientific process. We meant the same

Comment

• Wagga
      I think a number of us a sceptical but I can by no means say that the claims of this cue are right or wrong without trying it!
      The thing is the member Acuerate is pushing an agenda here and all he can say when Hendry is playing badly with the cue is that he got 133 with it the first time he picked it up. I just feel more and more like this is rubbish from his posts.
      If Hendry had walked out and knocked in all 147s I for one would have taken more notice.
      I agree that Hendry having a bad day doesn't mean the cue is crap and that it will take some time to adjust to a new bat but....... remember Acuerate telling us that it was a magic wand that made Hendry hit 133 and 147 the first time he used it.
      If you've got one and like it good luck to mate!
      I'm keen to see what ADR147 thinks when he's tried it too!

Comment

• no tv coverage here and I haven't get a good look at his new cue.
        Just wondering if he put on a mushroom tip still, like he always do in the past.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Watford
          I'm sorry Acuerate your talking rubbish again.
          Trev already answered this point you've raised!
          I just popped home from work and had a look at the Hendry match!
          (Apparently Smuph saw it first but he's behind us!)
          Well I tell you what cueman is right he looks to be struggling playing side, struggling generally!
          Watford,

Of course I understand what cueman said.
          He was struggling during the match but not everytime!
          I know that practice and match conditions are different.
          You can fly in practice and play crap in the match just after your flying practice session! I understand this, dont worry, i'm not an IDIOT (thank you).
          I was just talking about the breaks Stephen did when he got the cues and i'm sure he did more than those 2 breaks in the days after!
          Yesterday, when he was on the yellow, he played a right side spin to stay on the green and John Virgo talked about his new cue with the words of Stephen that this cue doesnt throw ball when playing with side spin.
          This shot was nice!!
          But, not because you think he is struggling with this cue, he lost the frame because of a stupid safety shot on the green WITHOUT SIDE SPIN!!!
          Yesterday, the problem was not the cue but Stephen Hendry himself!!!!!!!
          Dont worry for me, I know this game, you dont have to explain me during several hours what happens and call me an idiot!
          What Stephen did yesterday is not about the cue at all, he could have played the same way with another cue, even the old one!! Right or not??
          He came back 4/5 after 5/1 down, right???

What happened??? He took his old cue in the backstage or what???
          Not at all, so, ok its an Acuerate, but first its a piece of wood and it is not working alone, you need to hold it, move it, and play with it!!!

What about Ding? His Stamford is not good or he forgot his brain in the backstage before going to the match against Ronnie??
          What about Jimmy White? His cue is not working good anymore or he is not practice enough to keep the level he had?

I hope you see what I mean!! But dont call me an idiot or rubbish poster!

If we cant discuss without receiving those kind of words, its not necessary to talk in here! Everybody can say what he wants but be respected as well!
          RIGHT OR NOT???

Sorry for my english, i try to do my best to talk with english people as they are the best to talk about snooker so please respect me as well as a lot or lets say all the UK, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, pros and amateurs, respect me for theman I am, like i do for them!! Thank you!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Watford
            Wagga
            I think a number of us a sceptical but I can by no means say that the claims of this cue are right or wrong without trying it!
            The thing is the member Acuerate is pushing an agenda here and all he can say when Hendry is playing badly with the cue is that he got 133 with it the first time he picked it up. I just feel more and more like this is rubbish from his posts.
            If Hendry had walked out and knocked in all 147s I for one would have taken more notice.
            I agree that Hendry having a bad day doesn't mean the cue is crap and that it will take some time to adjust to a new bat but....... remember Acuerate telling us that it was a magic wand that made Hendry hit 133 and 147 the first time he used it.
            If you've got one and like it good luck to mate!
            I'm keen to see what ADR147 thinks when he's tried it too!
            Watford,

You will read that i cant only say Hendry had 133 and 147 when he is playing badly!
            I know that its only two breaks and not enough to win a match, especially in best of 19 frames like now against Dave (Know him since a long time when playing with my friend Ricky Walden) who is not the last (dont give him the table or you wont play anymore).
            I was just talking about the word "struggling", like in the sentence, it seemed to say "everytime he plays with it, he is struggling"!!!
            No, during the match yesterday, he was simply BAD!!!!!!!
            Im his biggest fan, we played together, had meals drinks together, have the same coach, know not bad each other but yesterday he played BAD in the first 6 frames, or even the 9 frames!! I can say it!!!

If you dont understand what I mean, who is the idiot? Just kidding, dont take it bad!! Thanks!

Lets talk normally, friendly, in peace about the game we all love!!! Thanks!!

Comment

• this is a quote from an e-mail i got today that made me laugh.

"From what I saw of it yesterday they have a tendency to start matches
              poorly and force the user into a rearguard action which requires digging
              into years of experience to keep the match score respectable!!!!!!!!!!!!"
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Stephen Hendry quotes:

The cue is something newer to what my original cue was in terms of what it does playing shots. I thought I’d give it a try, I couldn’t play any worse. I tried three or four and I found this one and it’s fantastic. In practise, the second frame I used it I had a 147, in the next a 133 so that was it for me; sold.

Chris Henry whose company are involved in making Acuerate cues came over and just had a discussion with me about the reactions of the cue I was using, the cue I used to use so it made sense. I was playing so well with it, everyone says you can’t use a new cue three weeks before the Worlds I thought why not.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/news_latest-18642
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by Acuerate

Im his biggest fan, we played together, had meals drinks together..
                  If your so chummy with the guy why not point him towards a poven low throw cue make if thats what he wants. I'm sure with his money Predator would make one for him.

Comment

• i am sure mike wooldridge would give him the best cue he has ever seen just for the advert!

Comment

• I do not know if this has been posted earlier or not.
                      Stephen Hendry plays with a

ACUERATE 147 CUE,

147 MAPLE cue
                      58 inch
                      9mm tip size.

I get an e mail from Acuerate cue's whenever a player playing with their cue wins a round or makes a 147.
                      Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

• Originally Posted by RaNeN
                        I do not know if this has been posted earlier or not.
                        Stephen Hendry plays with a

ACUERATE 147 CUE,

147 MAPLE cue
                        58 inch
                        9mm tip size.

I get an e mail from Acuerate cue's whenever a player playing with their cue wins a round or makes a 147.
                        I suspect we will be seeing this advert in the courier (our local paper) on saturday

FOR SALE: ACUERATE 147 CUE in maple 58 inch 9mm tip size. £25ono call Stephen on 01764******

Comment

• probably at Stephens' local oxfam shop!

Comment

• He is a scot it will not be given away!

Comment

• haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa

True, Maestro.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave
                                probably at Stephens' local oxfam shop!
                                It might be in his greenhouse holding up his tomatoes!

Comment

Working...
                                X