Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol close enough

Comment

• umm split at the centre hendry's was one piece and in ash not maple - plus the badge is different!! hendry had the rex williams powerglide connoisseur
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• must of changed it later then, as in his master class book the badge reads HENDRY . lol

Comment

• John Parris!

It seems that Stephen's 2nd cue was trully a JP cue, Maple!!
          The best Ronnie

Comment

• it was - he won nothing with it hence its gone!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147
              it was - he won nothing with it hence its gone!
              Er he won a couple of tournaments with it didn't he. He definitely won the British Open beating Ronnie in the final when Ronnie was on fire. Think he may have won an overseas tournament too, possibly in China/Malta or at least reached the final.
              Either way he won more with his JP than he has come close to with this acue****e.

Comment

• Playing with the JP cue, Hendry won the British open and the 2005 Malta cup beating Graeme Dott in the final and he reached the China open final where Ding beat him.
                My deep screw shot
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

• Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22
                  there was one on ebay, exactly like hendrys cue but was a two piece and it was ash.

it is called Rex Williams( The Diamond Jubilee cue

When I first got into Snooker I had a Riley endorsed Hendry cue, and I used to watch Hendry a lot, and from the close up's I can definitely say that Hendry's cue is like this picture but a one piece Maple one not ash, I saw close ups of him cuing the ball up on several ocasions and it is definitely maple, as his replacements have also been maple.

Here check this out.
                  About 4:10 clearly maple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTizFFIskEI

Comment

it was - he won nothing with it hence its gone!
                    Originally Posted by cueman
                    Er he won a couple of tournaments with it didn't he. He definitely won the British Open beating Ronnie in the final when Ronnie was on fire. Think he may have won an overseas tournament too, possibly in China/Malta or at least reached the final.
                    Either way he won more with his JP than he has come close to with this acue****e.
                    so he did win some things with it, and not nothing?

Comment

• nothing by his standards!

Comment

nothing by his standards!
                        thats totally different to what you said (a bit like someone posting a replica of Hendrys cue that "wasnt" the same)

Comment

• let me clerify why i put the pick up, only due to the butt being the same!,
                          I KNOW IT WASNT ASH HENDRYS CUE HAD, AND IT WASNT A TWO PIECE.

anyway even hendry said the cue was a cheap one,
                          so why someone would want one like that today with all the great cues out is behond me. its a piece of crap by todays standards

Comment

• matty

that wasnt a dig at you. in fact it wasnt a dig at ADR. i like him!

he posted something that wasnt correct. now, be it pedantry or whatever, it was contested as factually wrong, and when asked to comment further, he said he meant something clearly different to what he said.

if a millionaire won £50,000, you wouldnt say he/she won nothing, then when corrected say well nothing by their financial standard

the comment about you was that you were contested on it not being the same. you know it isnt, and arent changing the goal posts IMHO. therein lies the difference.

id be pleasantly surprised if ADR came along and said, yeah i was wrong, but i meant to say...going by his standards, but i omitted it, so i stand corrected. thats what id have said.

hi ADR. geez a kiss

Comment

• ar ic

glad thats cleared up
                              adr a wind up merchant

Comment

• I cannot understand why "throw" is used as a measure of "performance" of a cue...could someone please explain?

Can the hit/feel of a cue be measured? For me, that is the most important thing. But I will not call a cue that has a great hit a cue of high performance--it will just be a great hitting cue.

How about cue power? May be energy lost during a shot or effeciency of the equipment (output vs input of energy...)...could these parameters be measured? Since I think these would be more related to "performance" in a scientific sense.

I have never tried one, but would not mind to try it. I am interested, after knowing Hendry plays with one. I have never heard of this brand before, until about 6 months ago. I wish someone could answer my questions, because I am quite confused by the claims on the web site.

One of the biggest question I have is what if it really throws less, is that really such a big deal?

If I hit my ball with unintentional english, I will still spin the cue ball, even it may travel straighter than with other cue, is that right? So that means my positional play will still suffer, and the spin might still cause me to miss my shot when the object ball is being throw off line that tiny bit on long balls. Also, the cue ball will still travel off line, even if it is "lesser." On a long shot, a little bit off is enough to miss a pot in snooker. So, isn't it true that a player with the accurate cue still needs to hit the cue ball precisely in order to make the ball?

About off center hit, if I know my cue, and how it reacts, then I will have confidence with my aim in terms of english. With the acurate cue, is there any difference with the amount of squirt with different speed, I would imagine so...Am I wrong?

So, isn't it true that I still need to know how much to adjust with my aiming point, and need to be very precise of my center ball hit especially on my long balls, regardless of which cue I am using?

Thank you.
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X