X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Trevs1

Now that's a sensible reply! Thanks.

What's unique in this world anyway?

And if a any other cue were to be made the same, to have the same result, would it then still be "any other" cue.

It's a thin line..

But good reply, thanks.

As for where they are produced, I don't know, but it doesn't bother me, since they work good, and are decent quality.

My car is a Toyota, which is made in Japan.
    I paid a high price but it's good quality, so whatever.
    Same for my TV that's made in Korea.
    My lovely pair of Adidas shoes are made in Taiwan, and I also paid them good money etc etc...

Comment

Wagga Wagga,

Thanks a lot for your post, its good to hear an opinion from somebody who tried this cue and your comments are real and really true, thank you.
      I dont want to say more, no sorry, I dont NEED to say more than you did.
      Or maybe just one thing, which Acuerate did you try? I guess 8,75 mm, right?
      Thanks a lot for Acuerate!

Comment

Originally Posted by wagga wagga
        @ cueman

instead of trying to destroy other people's building in order to have the biggest and greatest one, the better way to achieve something is to try and create your own building.

Everybody is screaming for scientific proof.

Well that's the biggest scream of all.

FACT: the acuerate cues work
        FACT: with the Acuerate cues, the throw is reduced dramatically
        FACT: the Acuerate hardly throws the ball at all.
        FACT: the best proof is to try one
        FACT: anybody can critisise somebody on an internet forum as it's the easiest thing in the world.
        FACT: If it was indeed a load of b******ll***x, then why so much effort to bad mouth the Acuerate cue?? A bad product will always destroy itself.
        FACT: if it were to be a bad product or a scam, it would have destroyed itself already.
        FACT: the success of the acuerate cue is growing, and more people are starting to discover it.
        FACT: I have tried one 5 weeks ago, and I am fully convinced that it works, and that it is a better performing cue then any other.
        FACT: I don't need any scientific proof for this. I only need to see it with my own eyes. Scientific proof is for things we don't understand, and things we can't figure out for ourselves.

Is there life on Mars? I don't know, but you can convince me with scientific proof.

Does my cell phone is harmfull for my health? I don't know, so scientific proof could come in handy

Is my fridge in the kitches keeping my food cold? Yes, I can experience this, and even though this is probably porven by scientists, I'm not bothered, cause it works. That's all I need to know.

Is the acuerate different from traditional cues? YES, no scientific proof needed, I can try it

Does the Acuerate throw the cue ball off line? NO, hardly at all.
        Does the Acuerate outperforme most other cues? YES, and I can see that from miles away. No scientist needed here.

Conclusion: Don't critisise, but try.
        There's nothing magical about it. It's pure and simple physics.

To me, it's the best cue I ever tried, and I'm not the only one with this opinion.
        I know lots of players who put aside their fancy expensive cue, and are playing with an Acuerate now, simply because to them it's a better performing cue.

I'm not saying that all the other cues are bad. They aren't.
        I just want to say that everything deserves a fair chance.

Don't critisese just because you think you're right, and others are wrong.
        Critisise after you have tried. But try first before you critisise, because there's always tomorrow.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.”

– Rita Mae Brown, author
        this is total drivel and not fact but opinion - fact its a cue!

as i said before i will get one and get back to you with a comprehensive and honest review from a dozen or so people that actually know what they are talking about.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Excuse me but you mean that I know nothing about snooker or what???
          For your info, I play with an Acuerate and I know it a lot, I play snooker for around 16 years in competition and I played in the Challenge Tour, I also played in exhibitions with Stephen Hendry, Jimmy White, Mark Williams and Steve Davis, so I think I am able to talk about snooker and Acuerate!
          Dont know who you are, you seem to know snooker very well too but please dont say that the other people cant talk about snooker and know nothing about it and cues, and dont say that you are the only person able to talk about snooker here!!! Thats not correct!! Sorry!

Comment

Difference is Adr147 speaks out of his mouth not his arse.

Comment

Good post!!!!!!!! Interesting for the debat!!
              Tell us what you mean please!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity
                Difference is Adr147 speaks out of his mouth not his arse.
                Wow, this is very clever Wity.....very clever.

I think it's possible to discuss a topic without using that kind of word, isn't it?

@Wagga Wagga :
                Very good post, very useful. Nice to see someone who gives an analysis AFTER having tried it.
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

So who are you then Acuerate? I'm guessing someone who has been sponsored or endorses acuerate cues on their website?

Look, the thing is acuerate are making claims about their cues having some sort of scientific breakthrough in developing a cue which deflects less than any other. They have not shown any proof other than a few testimonials from a few foreign players, mainly french and belgium, possibly who have endorsements with the company and all they have to back up their claims are a few diagrams and a reason as to why the cue ball will deflect with certain cues.
                  This is not to say that all cues deflect as much as they say but they are making out that if you don't use an acuerate cue that you are always going to need to compensate when playing any shots, particularly over a certain distance and that acuerate cues will always play better than any other.

The thing is they are saying their cues will deflect less than a standard cue, but as anyone who has a knowledge of cues will tell you, there is no such thing as a standard cue. So how can they make claims of something when there is no set standard of cue and how much they deflect. I'm sorry but this is just a load of drivel and I have no need to try one because I have played to a good standard over the years without one and I'm sure the likes of O'Sullivan have done pretty well without one for these past 10 years or more!

Comment

Okay heres a challenge for an acuerate cue owner.

Send your cue to these guys http://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_deflect.php and if their independent robot tests prove as Acuerate claim on their website,
                    This test proved that the Acuerate 10mm cue is the straightest shooting pool cue when intentional and even un-intentional side spin is applied to the cue ball."
                    I'll give you what you paid for your cue and you can keep it.

if the tests prove Acuerate's claim is untrue then you pay Trevor the equal amount and i'll put the difference if any is needed to buying one of his cues.

Any takers?

Comment

• i can do better as i have said send me one and i will personally put it in the hands of some of the worlds top players and cue makers and will report - EXACTLY what they all say.

Comment

• I actually think that everybody WRITES things here, and nobody speaks at all.
                        So...
                        Nice shot Wity, I'm sure that you had a serious think for several hours before you wrote that line, as it is literature of a very high standard.... :-)

But you know what the biggest joke is..?

All this critisism and all these discussions are the best possible promotion for Acuerate.

Simply because it makes people curious!

And their will always be closedminded people who will keep screaming that it's all scam. Simply because they can't keep an open mind to innovations.
                        The world has always been like this, and will probably stay this way.

And what's a standard cue?
                        Well, I think that's very simple. When Acuerate quotes on it's website that it wants to show the difference between standard cues and low deflection cues, your answer is there. Consider a standard cue to be a deflecting cue.
                        Made by people who make brilliant cues of a very high quality, but unfortunately that's all there is to it.
                        These Acuerate cues are a new innovation and that frightens some people, which is understandable.
                        It's simple, without a low deflection cue, you will always have to compensate when using side spin. This is a certainty as much as you can say that water makes you wet.
                        And if there was no standard of cues set in the past, well thank God that finally someone has set a new standard. Or we would have stayed in the middle ages.

O'Sullivan ans likes have indeed done pretty well without these cues in the last decades. They have done extremely well, considering their limited choice of good performing materials

But I'm looing forward to see what the best players are capable of with a new generation of cues that even widens their options, and shot potential.

There will always be sceptic people, but whatever, they are probably the best promotion as they make people curious, and they keep the debat open, which is.... the best thing that can happen to a new product!

And the world is filled with "wanna be's" and "know it all's".

That's one thing that will never change, as it's human nature!

"Everything is always impossible before it works. That’s what entrepreneurs are all about – doing what people have told them is impossible."

– R. Hunt Greene – Venture Capitalist

Comment

• Originally Posted by Acuerate
                          Excuse me but you mean that I know nothing about snooker or what???
                          For your info, I play with an Acuerate and I know it a lot, I play snooker for around 16 years in competition and I played in the Challenge Tour, I also played in exhibitions with Stephen Hendry, Jimmy White, Mark Williams and Steve Davis, so I think I am able to talk about snooker and Acuerate!
                          Dont know who you are, you seem to know snooker very well too but please dont say that the other people cant talk about snooker and know nothing about it and cues, and dont say that you are the only person able to talk about snooker here!!! Thats not correct!! Sorry!
                          i am not questioning your knowledge of snooker because its not important, i am however questioning your use of the word fact - most of your 'facts' are in fact opinions!

Comment

• Funny enough, the cue is already in the hands of the best player ever...

There you go...

Comment

• Andrew...Dunno as that'd be better really, thing is Acuerate fans would only argue thats personal feelings. Acurates claims are based on robot testing so the only thing that'd shut them up up is to let the robots prove them wrong.

Comment

• Originally Posted by wagga wagga
                                I actually think that everybody WRITES things here, and nobody speaks at all.
                                So...
                                Nice shot Wity, I'm sure that you had a serious think for several hours before you wrote that line, as it is literature of a very high standard.... :-)

But you know what the biggest joke is..?

All this critisism and all these discussions are the best possible promotion for Acuerate.

Simply because it makes people curious!

And their will always be closedminded people who will keep screaming that it's all scam. Simply because they can't keep an open mind to innovations.
                                The world has always been like this, and will probably stay this way.

And what's a standard cue?
                                Well, I think that's very simple. When Acuerate quotes on it's website that it wants to show the difference between standard cues and low deflection cues, your answer is there. Consider a standard cue to be a deflecting cue.
                                Made by people who make brilliant cues of a very high quality, but unfortunately that's all there is to it.
                                These Acuerate cues are a new innovation and that frightens some people, which is understandable.
                                It's simple, without a low deflection cue, you will always have to compensate when using side spin. This is a certainty as much as you can say that water makes you wet.
                                And if there was no standard of cues set in the past, well thank God that finally someone has set a new standard. Or we would have stayed in the middle ages.

O'Sullivan ans likes have indeed done pretty well without these cues in the last decades. They have done extremely well, considering their limited choice of good performing materials

But I'm looing forward to see what the best players are capable of with a new generation of cues that even widens their options, and shot potential.

There will always be sceptic people, but whatever, they are probably the best promotion as they make people curious, and they keep the debat open, which is.... the best thing that can happen to a new product!

And the world is filled with "wanna be's" and "know it all's".

That's one thing that will never change, as it's human nature!

"Everything is always impossible before it works. That’s what entrepreneurs are all about – doing what people have told them is impossible."

– R. Hunt Greene – Venture Capitalist
                                this is not even a new product i remember being contacted about them some years ago. 'set a new standard' LMAO

Comment

Working...
                                X