Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuemakers.....

A question for those who make cues:

I had a superb Riley Prize cue which was my playing cue for 20 years and was the best playing cue I knew, however when I sold it recently the muppets at citylink decided to deliver it in two pieces, smashing the top 11 inches off

I've successfully glued together a two piece cue that was smashed at the joint before but this is too damaged to stick together in my opinion but I'm loathed to bin it as it is/was a nice cue.

How easy and would there be any point getting a new shaft made for it and thus maybe turning it into a 3/4 cue - might as well be maple as non-matching ash is horrible - and what would this cost, would anybody be interested in doing this or are there any other options, if not would anybody want it as is?

Surely it would not play the same at all ?

Personally , think you will be throwing you money away .

Poor form from Citylink ....was it in a rigid plastic pipe when you sent it ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

That's a real shame mate. You must be lived! Best to post up a few photos. Getting a new shaft would be a possibility but clearly this would really mean you would end up with a different cue as it wouldn't play the same as the old one. I'm guessing a new shaft would be around £100 but depends on quality and who does the work.

Comment

Oh I know it would be different but that doesn't matter as all cues are slightly different but at the end of the day they are just straight bits of wood and technically, do what your arm make them do.

That's the sort of answer I was looking for, a rough cost guide and maybe somebody saying they could/would do it.

Other than that, it would make a quite stylish walking stick and handy weapon!

Comment

You could try contacting Andy Travis here on the Forum. He's the kind of guy who could help you out. He makes very nice cues and does repairs and refurbs.

Comment

Andy would probably be the quickest as well, his turn around speed is pretty good in all honesty.

Comment

stick up some pics of the smashed cue, i'v fixed many a cue that's been around the neck
              Originally Posted by sberry View Post
              Oh I know it would be different but that doesn't matter as all cues are slightly different but at the end of the day they are just straight bits of wood and technically, do what your arm make them do.

That's the sort of answer I was looking for, a rough cost guide and maybe somebody saying they could/would do it.

Other than that, it would make a quite stylish walking stick and handy weapon!

Comment

Working...
              X