Exquisit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Luke, in all honesty I had never heard of the majority of the woods used in splicing up the cues I see on here, but like you I think when polished up and presented nicely on a quality cue it can look like a piece of art,to me anyway.

Agreed, there are some very nice varieties out there and some not so nice, i find it quite amazing how something so bland when put together with other woods can look sublime...very artistic

Comment

Well had my first hit with the cue tonight it dus feal right a nice sound when you strick the cue ball a nice solid hit a haven't had lots of play the now with work n stuf so with a 9mm tip it wasent as bad as a thought but realy happy with it a nice stiff shaft guy had a Blue dimond tip so might change it a have two mw super tips cue is 58 but feals 30 might get it over to richy at mac cues to see if a could get tip bigger by taking it down a wee bit. But overall a beautifule cue now the hard part to pick one off the 3 cues now to play with

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
        Well had my first hit with the cue tonight it dus feal right a nice sound when you strick the cue ball a nice solid hit a haven't had lots of play the now with work n stuf so with a 9mm tip it wasent as bad as a thought but realy happy with it a nice stiff shaft guy had a Blue dimond tip so might change it a have two mw super tips cue is 58 but feals 30 might get it over to richy at mac cues to see if a could get tip bigger by taking it down a wee bit. But overall a beautifule cue now the hard part to pick one off the 3 cues now to play with

Pick the one that feels right and stick with it, playing with too many cues will ruin your game, and 9 mm is a bit small but we are talking in mm so its only 1 mm bigger, have you tried mushrooming the tip? before you cut it down might be worth a try?

Also i find mine works well with elks compressed. adr tips are nice if you want a solid hitter. i have the adr on my other cue
        Last edited by luke-h; 2 February 2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
          Pick the one that feels right and stick with it, playing with too many cues will ruin your game, and 9 mm is a bit small but we are talking in mm so its only 1 mm bigger, have you tried mushrooming the tip? before you cut it down might be worth a try?

Also i find mine works well with elks compressed. adr tips are nice if you want a solid hitter. i have the adr on my other cue
          What size is your tip

Comment

What size is your tip

Mine is 9.5 ten feels too big and anything smaller and your asking for unwanted side, when i was younger i plyed snooker with an 8 mm tip no wonder it snapped in the end.

Comment

I think anything between 9 and 9.5mm is fine. I had been playing for years with a 9mil before switching recently to 9.5 and after a quick adaptation, it is perfectly fine...
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                Mine is 9.5 ten feels too big and anything smaller and your asking for unwanted side, when i was younger i plyed snooker with an 8 mm tip no wonder it snapped in the end.
                Yes 9mm is ok if you can cue bang on al try get it measured to see if a can get bigger tip if not al swap or sell it

Comment

Yes 9mm is ok if you can cue bang on al try get it measured to see if a can get bigger tip if not al swap or sell it

Try get a ten and mushroom it on, then see if that feels better before you actually go through with the chop, a simple fix maybe.

Comment

You eny pics of a cue with a mushroom tip on it ?

Comment

No i haven't as both mine have flush to ferral, its quite easy to do though. google images (mushroom tip snooker) there are some examples on there, being 1 mm you wont notice too much of a mushroom effect so it may suit you.

Comment

Something like this Stevie

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post

Thats the one i see, i'd rather try mushrooming a tip than cut a bit off a cue though lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Yes a see now mate thanks a would love to keep the cue she is a beauty so al get over to mac cue once he recovers

Comment

Building a nice wee collection there Stevie.
                              Of course when I've recovered I will do what you like to cue.
                              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                                Building a nice wee collection there Stevie.
                                Of course when I've recovered I will do what you like to cue.
                                Thanks mate got two of the top Scottish cue makers cues now hope it can get cut to take bigger tip mate

Comment

Working...
                                X