Joe Davis's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Davis's cue

I don't think I need to add any more . . nearly choked on my tea there. .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-J...item417c591b91

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at this cue is it a good buy

Comment

yes but dont believe right up

Comment

A bit ling for Joe if memory serves, still, I'm sure he adapted to it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mastbruch View Post
          2 things that effect if it is a good buy.

1 / It wasn't ever the property of Joe Davis IMHO

2 / Depends on how much it goes to. That's only the 1st bid price remember.

Others with more cue price knowledge than me, can fill in a max bid for it to be a good buy. . . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Mastbruch View Post
            Not really no, as it is stated as not straight, just a machine spliced cheaper JD cue and the story is not worth a toss, to be blunt

Comment

Just ordered my Auction price book.

Does anyone else recommend the Peall cue on ebay?

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                Not really no, as it is stated as not straight, just a machine spliced cheaper JD cue and the story is not worth a toss, to be blunt
                Got this reply when I asked about documentry evidence of the ownership :-

Thank you for your message. The only evidence I have is that I and my very good friend visited our lodge over
                a period of 10yrs. During that time he told me the story of how he won the cue from Mr Joe Davis and knowing
                that I played snooker he offered it to me. Sadly he has since passed away.I would be prepared to tell the story
                in writing and sign it if that would help to verify the facts.

Regards.

rick8ford.

Can't figure out how a letter will prove anything ( unless it's from Joe Davis, at the time of the transaction ).

Just sounds like a story someone dined out on over the years. . . . .

bit like the ones JB134 tells me ; )

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                  Disagree completely.
                  The JD 500 isn't a common cue at all, it's at least 10 times less common than the 600 cue, and they almost always top the £100 mark.

Yes the story is unlikely to be true (I've been offered Alex Higging burwat at least 3 times), but a full length JD500 is a nice cue, straightness not a great problem with any old cue, most can be pointed straight for under a tenner.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    Got this reply when I asked about documentry evidence of the ownership :-

Thank you for your message. The only evidence I have is that I and my very good friend visited our lodge over
                    a period of 10yrs. During that time he told me the story of how he won the cue from Mr Joe Davis and knowing
                    that I played snooker he offered it to me. Sadly he has since passed away.I would be prepared to tell the story
                    in writing and sign it if that would help to verify the facts.

Regards.

rick8ford.

Can't figure out how a letter will prove anything ( unless it's from Joe Davis, at the time of the transaction ).

Just sounds like a story someone dined out on over the years. . . . .

bit like the ones JB134 tells me ; )
                    I think the fact that the cue was owned by a beaver can only add to the value!

Comment

Joe Davis cue? My backside!! I know JD done alot of charity work but not sure he was the type of bloke to dish out free cues. I reckon he would tell people one ought to buy ones own peradon! Though don't often see them 500's- even if it is crooked! I asked the seller had the cue been rubbed or sanded down ever and got a rather abrupt NO! Lol

Comment

Another debate going on in the listing questions about the shaft being ash or maple. . . . . . .

Comment

Just took a look at it. The seller has claimed that this was a playing cue of JD. Naive claim without evidence I'd suggest!

Comment

Working...
                          X