David wu cues on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by BigDazUK View Post
    Would I be able to get a decent JP cue for under £100. Or will I only get the mass produced, machine made rubbish ones? I'm after a cue but £100 is my limit and ideally need a case with that.
    You won't get ANY JP cue for £100!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      You won't get ANY JP cue for £100!
      I might have been getting my wires crossed. They're the David Wu made ones no?
      So many cues i'm easily confused

Comment

I might have been getting my wires crossed. They're the David Wu made ones no?
        So many cues i'm easily confused
        JP normally means John Parris

Comment

I own a JP custom Peragon cue, its a beauty, I still like the Grand Woo Cue better, I like the balance and reaction of the cue, its a keeper. Cheers
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Which would be better for similar money?
            Grand Cue on Ebay

or this which I've seen on Amazon. I would prefer to buy from Amazon if possible and read on this forum that darkhorse myx cues are decent.

darkhorse myx cue

Comment

Originally Posted by ronfor0603 View Post
              In sweden we have a saying "A Monday example "
              and that is what I probably got. I owned on a year ago, think the spec was.
              58" 17.5 ounce 9,5 mm tip and maple shaft and it was a one piece.

The biggest problem i experienced with the cue was. Very on balanced.
              A cue for me must be a little bit WF (weight forward ) with this cue i didn't feel anything in my left hand
              ( I'm right handed ) felt like it was nothing there, like you cueing with one hand.

That's my experience with this cue.
              Regards / Ronnie
              after a bit of web searching, I discovered that "a monday example" is an item that is built on Monday, a day that a swede uses to sober up, shaky hands, no concentration, should not be at work, got so bad that they have to mark all items that have been made on Mondays, I wonder where the mark is on a Swedish made car. Lol (just in case, better to check)

Comment

Which would be better for similar money?
                Grand Cue on Ebay

or this which I've seen on Amazon. I would prefer to buy from Amazon if possible and read on this forum that darkhorse myx cues are decent.

darkhorse myx cue
                I have owned both, If I was going to choose I would go Grand for sure...

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                  I have owned both, If I was going to choose I would go Grand for sure...
                  Great thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                    after a bit of web searching, I discovered that "a monday example" is an item that is built on Monday, a day that a swede uses to sober up, shaky hands, no concentration, should not be at work, got so bad that they have to mark all items that have been made on Mondays, I wonder where the mark is on a Swedish made car. Lol (just in case, better to check)
                    That's correct. If says Made in Sweden. Make sure that it wasn't built/made on a Monday ��

Comment

Does David Wu cues have their own website?

Comment

google grand handmade cues should be able to find them.

Comment

just grabbed one of his cues. the finishing on the butt seems very matte, is there anyway to get some gloss?

Comment

Is it a cue that says ' David Wu ' on the name disc or does it say ' Grand ' ?

If it's the 1st , can you let me know where you got it from .

Thanks .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Curiosity has got the better of me. I've ordered a Grand, and a Grand Emperor set, to see how they play. I'm interested in comparing the shaft and finish to what I already have (mainly Butters). On the whole I'm finding very little difference between well made cues. The major differentiators between cues for me seem to be the specification (particularly weight and balance) and finish. A good tip is as important.

I'll be interested to see how these measure up.

Comment

Mine says, David Wu on top(following circular outline), GRAND with a small emblem on top positioned in the center, since 1983 below center and HAND MADE at bottom (following circular outline)
                                Last edited by sharkster63; 11 October 2015, 10:55 PM. Reason: word problems

Comment

Working...
                                X