A little story from Omin (thailand)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little story from Omin (thailand)

I have seen some of the stories on the forum regards to Omin thailand and china and did not know what is true or not.

So i asked him my self as he is just an hour awY from where i am.

So about in the year 2010 he has received a phone call from china omin for an offer of 200,000.- baht a year on using his already registered mark in china.
    Ofcourse he refused it has due that he was angry that they have already registered the mark.

Omin china - was taken over from o ming china. Due that o ming made the opening market and the copied version of o min china was selling better in china. They made a trade deal (oming and o min china) to becoma one company on the name "omin cue"

So omin thailand is written "omin cues" with an S at the end. But using the same logo as it sells in china. Due that he is old fashioned and a man that takes his life heart and love into the quality of his habd made cues he did not think about the modern trademark system. And just let it go with the time.

Omin thaila d is old fashioned as in he foes not even have his own computer. All his online work is done by his trustable staff.

Up untill recently his business has gone down and now gets numerous tipoffs that omin china is taking over he is now looking for a way to fight back on legal terms to regain his fame and name back.

The wording of omin thailand arrived in china has been made up due to marketing strategies to get the sales up and running.

I wish he could regain back his name as his company has been registered in thailand since 23 year ago 1991.

i don't think it is a simple as this. when you buy from o'min thailand he will sell also products made in china by the same factory that produce the cues......
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Similar issue happened to Dave coutts, right,Chinese buy the trademark in China and started marketing it with their own Chinese website..........................
      a bad player who love cues

Comment

Originally Posted by desso View Post
        Similar issue happened to Dave coutts, right,Chinese buy the trademark in China and started marketing it with their own Chinese website..........................
        not the same - dave coutts had his identity stolen completely!!

Comment

So the chinese omins are 100% fakes made without omins permission and have nothing to do with him.i thought I read on another thread
          that adr147 said ey where made i China under licence from omin so they where not really fakes have you been selling them by any chance adr

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
            So the chinese omins are 100% fakes made without omins permission and have nothing to do with him.i thought I read on another thread
            that adr147 said ey where made i China under licence from omin so they where not really fakes have you been selling them by any chance adr
            O'min sells some of the same products himself so something is going on in the background......

Comment

Originally Posted by Cmbrstefan View Post
              I have seen some of the stories on the forum regards to Omin thailand and china and did not know what is true or not.

So i asked him my self as he is just an hour awY from where i am.

So about in the year 2010 he has received a phone call from china omin for an offer of 200,000.- baht a year on using his already registered mark in china.
              Ofcourse he refused it has due that he was angry that they have already registered the mark.

Omin china - was taken over from o ming china. Due that o ming made the opening market and the copied version of o min china was selling better in china. They made a trade deal (oming and o min china) to becoma one company on the name "omin cue"

So omin thailand is written "omin cues" with an S at the end. But using the same logo as it sells in china. Due that he is old fashioned and a man that takes his life heart and love into the quality of his habd made cues he did not think about the modern trademark system. And just let it go with the time.

Omin thaila d is old fashioned as in he foes not even have his own computer. All his online work is done by his trustable staff.

Up untill recently his business has gone down and now gets numerous tipoffs that omin china is taking over he is now looking for a way to fight back on legal terms to regain his fame and name back.

The wording of omin thailand arrived in china has been made up due to marketing strategies to get the sales up and running.

I wish he could regain back his name as his company has been registered in thailand since 23 year ago 1991.

Great post and work with Mr o'min the language barrier made it hard for me to understand what he was saying.
              You been based over there as made it much clearer.

I just hope it restores his good name in time.

These agents selling their £35 Chinese cues to any Tom Dick and Harry in the UK have been bad for the good name of O min

Comment

Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
                Great post and work with Mr o'min the language barrier made it hard for me to understand what he was saying.
                You been based over there as made it much clearer.

I just hope it restores his good name in time.

These agents selling their £35 Chinese cues to any Tom Dick and Harry in the UK have been bad for the good name of O min
                Cue agents are bad for everyone concerned

Comment

Sorry I couldn't quite follow the thread, is it still a fact that Chinese Omins , say Omin Cue, and Thialand Omins , say Omin cues, on the badge.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

A little story from Omin (thailand)

o min also mentioned someone from thailand actually took everything over to china. Dur that he is a worker and quality work needs a lot of time and care. he managed only the manufacturing of the cues (in the past he also fitted snooker tables but got to busy with the cues)

a few years ago he had around 30-40 staffs working all around the clock due that orders came non stop.

but now he had to cut down to 20 something.
                    i do respect him on how he handles the worker. at break time the food is ready to eat on big tables (not like a buffet) and all eat together.

he is as said old fashioned, and there fore not on the computer, marketing and legal side. he only cared of the quality in the products. but after explaining him thr legal matter on his name he said he will as for legal terms on what to do in the future also in marketing and having unique distributers in other countries also with numbert batches and certificates to make it better.

Comment

this true story mr.omin tell me too.

Comment

So how can you tell a Omin cue made in China versus one made in Thailand?

I have one under my bed (lovely cue) and paid a fair bit for it.

Any tips???
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

i never see omin from china before because i stay in thai. So it very easy to go to omin shop in bangkok.

Comment

Originally Posted by mcgrady13 View Post
                            i never see omin from china before because i stay in thai. So it very easy to go to omin shop in bangkok.
                            image.jpg
                            image.jpg
                            One of these is sold as a genuine Thai Omin , one as the Chinese Omin, do you know the difference Mcgrady?
                            Sorry I don't know how to remove that extra pic.
                            Attached Files
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              [ATTACH]17129[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]17130[/ATTACH]
                              One of these is sold as a genuine Thai Omin , one as the Chinese Omin, do you know the difference Mcgrady?
                              Sorry I don't know how to remove that extra pic.
                              which one is fake then

Comment

Working...
                              X