Stephen Maguires latest cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Maguires latest cue

So, after he stopped playing with his Parris cue a few seasons ago and trying out cues from Trevor White, Robin Cook, GBL (his playing cue for last season) Glover and others, Stephens latest playing cue is a Master Cue!! Apparently he likes this latest cue so much that he is getting rid of all his other cues. I wonder how long he will use this one?

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

Until he loses his next match

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Until he loses his next match
      exactly what I was thinking!!
      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Pros are too good with any cue, all in his mind i would say

Comment

He's been struggling since he got his eyes "lazered". Just getting old I think? Join the club Stephen! Easy to blame the cue and other things. I do it frequently lol.

Comment

Master cue seems to be quite highly rated off many,never really thought of buying one though.

Comment

Think his back gives him a few problems.

Comment

Heard many people talk about how Higgins and Maguire keep swapping about,

Fact is - and maybe someone else will confirm this too - most of the top pro's will try out a variety different cues in their favored spec all the time and have a mess about - why not? - many will also get them sent free by makers because they want them to like one and use it then they can get the rewards from the promotion of them using one and many ordinary players in turn all buy them off the same maker on the back of this.

Higgins and Maguire and one or two others are only different slightly because they actually use them on tour whilst others mainly leave em behind on the practice table and stick with what feels comfy.

Maybe many blame the cue/tip too for their lack of form - no different from you and me in that regard.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                  Think his back gives him a few problems.
                  less or no beer and a strict core training routine would do the trick

Comment

Stephen Maguires latest cue

I've seen him in China playing with a Mastercue M7 Pyragon 3/4 cue. In Riga and at the PHC he was using a one piece cue again. Does anyone know what cue he's actually using?

Comment

Don't think he does ......probably grabs the one nearest to him . You have to think that if he ever finds the 'One ' .....that his game would get better in my opinion .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I think Stephen is a great player and honestly believe it's more about him losing the plot and concentration more then him blaming the cue etc.
                        I'm a great believer in always sticking with one cue and IMHO when he won the welsh open he should of stuck with that cue.

Comment

I don't understand the likes of him, Higgins, Dott, notice a pattern here, changing cues all the time.

Mark Williams is also playing with another Parris cue which he had a few weeks ago, he's another that has changed cue a lot over the past 2-3 years.

Maguire played very well with this latest cue he was using, but you just know that when the next event rolls around he'll probably have a different cue. Fair enough if you are a bit of a cue enthusiast like Dale who has played most his career changing cues on a frequent basis, but he gets joy out of it and he's happy enough. However I believe these other players are looking to get back their game of yesteryear when frankly the problem is, the overall standard is tougher now and they aren't good enough to win events anymore.

Comment

[QU. OTE=jrc750;790069]Pros are too good with any cue, all in his mind i would say[/QUOTE] Not true they rely on a cue they are comfortable with.the very fact he's changed it means he's not happy with it,and yes it is in his mind so he has to act on it

Comment

Maguire and Higgins could easily win titles...if they got into better physical shape....nothing extreme, just thinner. Lately they always look to me like they've been partying all night.

Comment

Working...
                              X