Mike Wooldridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Wooldridge

Here is a question! Why don't you see any pro's using Mike Wooldridge cues?

Cos he is a tight tw-t lol ��. And he don't think it would help him in is business.

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
      Here is a question! Why don't you see any pro's using Mike Wooldridge cues?
      because he aint john parris and wont give them away for nowt.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
        Don't believe that for a second, great excuse but I don't buy that whatsoever. If a Pro played and loved his cue I'm sure £700 would be lose change to many Pro's.

Comment

There are a couple of pros who use them I have noticed. I think a few cue makers do send them out a batch in their spec for the top guys to try out free - in the hope they hit on one they like and they get the cuedos. Mike Wooldridge does not give them away I think he said - this does not mean anything - they are still great cues.

Comment

Names please Byrom because, and I'm probably the leading enthusiast (on this forum at least), of pros and what cues they use, I am simply unaware of any players!

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              There are a couple of pros who use them I have noticed. I think a few cue makers do send them out a batch in their spec for the top guys to try out free - in the hope they hit on one they like and they get the cuedos. Mike Wooldridge does not give them away I think he said - this does not mean anything - they are still great cues.
              Can't think of a top 30 player that uses one off hand.

Comment

Well not sure of their names really - I go to a number of events - one young lad who won the European Under 21 - Stephen Hendry's nephew James Cahill? I noticed in at a qualifier that he was using a one Pc maple from Mike Wooldridge there was another chinese/ti guy - not sure who he was - sorry.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                  here we go again

Comment

maybe because some pros have tried both and prefer John Parris cues

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                      Names please Byrom because, and I'm probably the leading enthusiast (on this forum at least), of pros and what cues they use, I am simply unaware of any players!
                      i know of one of two who own them but none on the main tour playing with one.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Xiao Guodong of China is playing with a MW cue always.

Comment

Originally Posted by IL147 View Post
                          Xiao Guodong of China is playing with a MW cue always.
                          do you know any details?
                          I have (from observation) 1pc, ash, Ebony, with 4x long red-wood front splices.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

yeah xiao played with a MW, and stephen hendry own one MW as well and then sold to superman32 on here after he retire.
                            In progressing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by BigButtWilly View Post
                              maybe because some pros have tried both and prefer John Parris cues
                              Maybe !!!!!
                              OR perhaps because they have'nt tried it yet and they do'nt know what the difference is ?? as Leo said : paying 800 pounds is not a problem for a pro. they can afford it !!! The problem is that pro's (not all of them ) always want to try 4,5,6, .... cues with thr spcs , so that they eventually choose one of them that suits their game !!!! Robert O made years ago, four or five cues for ROS. so that he could try and choose one of them. That is something that MW does'nt do !!!!!!! . Another reason is the quality of his cues. cue makers like MW or TW do'nt need publicity and advertising for their work. Is not necessary to go running after those guys and ask them, please come and try one of my cues !!!! other reason is: the pros usually go to local cue maker. !!!! Believe it or not, a pro can play with any cue from any range or brand. a pro (or any snooker player) makes breaks WITH HIS ARM and not his cue !!!! The cue is just an extension of the arm, nothing more than that !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X