Snakewood EJR signature cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
    John this isnt the case at all m8 i own 2 Businesses so not skint! and the Reason i didnt buy yours mate when we met up at bridlington spa at the Euro Pool Championships was it wasnt a Player for me not saying it didn't suit anybody else as it may well have done.

Gaz.
    I think it is mate. I know you're not skint but when unclevit put an offer up you were on it like a seagull to the tip at quarter to three in the morning and when the guy offered the free butt protectors you couldn't have been on it sooner. The amount of offers you've made with reductions for alterations you require is mind boggling.

It's not a problem, we're all wired different and I know you've been at it a long time and know your stuff but if you look back your posts the theme is knocking sales and trying to reduce prices. In fact if you're not skint that just makes it all the more embarassing. Read the posts back, that might not be the way you are but it's the way it looks.

You've came on here and put thoughts of breakages and splits in the heads of people and you've never seen the cues. That's a very very poor show.

Ps. When I was 7 I swapped a half sucked gobstopper for 2/3 of a packet of salt and shake crisps (salt sachet unopened) does that give me 35yrs experience in the catering industry?

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
      It's a shame we all keep hijacking Bill's sale thread but...

Extract below from a discussion I had with David Smith a few months ago about why some cues of certain eras are nearly always 55"-56", just David's 'view' on 'cues' but it makes sense?

The reason cues were shorter is because of the way the game was played, using a cue evolved from using the mace, which was held upright at the table its natrual that people would adopt a cue to be used in a similar way.
      Also before the popularisation of billiards it was mostly played by the gentry, and getting down to play a shot as we do now (and sticking your backside in queen victoria's face) was probably a no no! If you don't get down in way we do now and imagine playing the shot standing and semi standing you don't need 58 inches, in fact having a long cue would just be sticking out of the end and be unbalanced. The reason ladies cues were always sold very short was probably down to this, as these were high end expensive cues sold to the upper classes where perhaps it remained 'not the done thing' for longer.
      It would have been the professional billiard players who evolved into the modern stance as people became sucessful using it, so others followed. Over time as billiards became popular amongst the less wealthy 'the common man' would have just copied what they saw the professionals doing, and not be as bound by any social taboo - hence the billiard cue grew longer.

No idea at what time period this might have occured though, I'll leave that to others.
      If I might take a stab at the period in question, without endorsing the underlying theory: Charles Dawson was practically alone amongst the professionals in playing with his chin touching his cue when he first came to prominence in 1890. This style was subsequently adopted by likes of Willie Smith, Tom Newman, Mel Inman and Claude Falkiner, and by 1920 the upright stance had become as rare as it had been common thirty years earlier. The amateurs seem to have gradually adopted this style from the early 1900's - even by 1910 there being very few at the top level who did not have an upright stance.

Comment

I dont need to ring Andy regarding this mate and will not say sorry for something i dont Agree with as my Opinion is and still is Most Old Cues Wasnt made at 55"-56" as i have said ive had enough thru my hands and seen enough online etc to say that isnt the Case!

Also as we Both Know! you also phone Andy Hunter as much as i do or have done when your not sure about a Cue or Item! as he has told me and you have learned alot off him so have i which i also admit aswell.

Andrew we have been good friends for long time but on this occassion m8 i cannot agree with your Opinion! as "My Opinion" is different to yours no hard feelings speak to you soon.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        waiting for him to ring andy hunter and come back on and say sorry mate you were right.....

Comment

But it's not an opinion Gazza, apparently it's a fact !!!

Comment

John I didnt Buy the Cue from unclevit and even if i did looking for a Bargain when i am working at 3am-5am in the Mornings isnt a Bad thing is it?....And Anything for FREE is Good i thought!....Didnt get FREE Butt protector thou that reminds me...

I do apologize if i have come across this way and have put wrong thoughts into some peoples minds! but most people will know i dont mean to Ruin anybodys threads as i hate that when it happens to me.

As many people on here know me Including: Andrew, Neil, Pete, Raj, Renzie etc i am no Time waister and have bought and sold many items without any Problems at all.

If it makes any Differece i will remove all my comments from this thread or you can start another and i wont reply! even better if you dont get what you expected for these 2 Cues maybe because you think i have ruined this thread please contact me ASAP and i will make you a Offer better than you have had already as John has made me feel alittle guilty! and i have said all the way thru these are nice Cues even if they are short doesnt take away the fact they still stunning Cues.

I hope everybody takes my apology as i didnt mean any harm in my posts in anyway, and maybe wont reply when i am Tired or Driving again...

Gaz.

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
            I think it is mate. I know you're not skint but when unclevit put an offer up you were on it like a seagull to the tip at quarter to three in the morning and when the guy offered the free butt protectors you couldn't have been on it sooner. The amount of offers you've made with reductions for alterations you require is mind boggling.

It's not a problem, we're all wired different and I know you've been at it a long time and know your stuff but if you look back your posts the theme is knocking sales and trying to reduce prices. In fact if you're not skint that just makes it all the more embarassing. Read the posts back, that might not be the way you are but it's the way it looks.

You've came on here and put thoughts of breakages and splits in the heads of people and you've never seen the cues. That's a very very poor show.

Ps. When I was 7 I swapped a half sucked gobstopper for 2/3 of a packet of salt and shake crisps (salt sachet unopened) does that give me 35yrs experience in the catering industry?

Comment

John ok the "FACT" is i have Seen/Had 1000's of Old Cues and cannot remember even 50 Cues that are 54"-56" in Length > Thats my "FACT".

As i have already said YES they did make shorter Cues Obviously and they did make Shorter Cues for WOMAN but not ALL OLD CUES WERE MADE 54"-56" thats all i am saying!.....Contact Andy Hunter who by the way is the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE person on Old Cues/Memorbillia in the WORLD > THATS FACT.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              But it's not an opinion Gazza, apparently it's a fact !!!

Comment

John I didnt Buy the Cue from unclevit and even if i did looking for a Bargain when i am working at 3am-5am in the Mornings isnt a Bad thing is it?....And Anything for FREE is Good i thought!....Didnt get FREE Butt protector thou that reminds me...

I do apologize if i have come across this way and have put wrong thoughts into some peoples minds! but most people will know i dont mean to Ruin anybodys threads as i hate that when it happens to me.

As many people on here know me Including: Andrew, Neil, Pete, Raj, Renzie etc i am no Time waister and have bought and sold many items without any Problems at all.

If it makes any Differece i will remove all my comments from this thread or you can start another and i wont reply! even better if you dont get what you expected for these 2 Cues maybe because you think i have ruined this thread please contact me ASAP and i will make you a Offer better than you have had already as John has made me feel alittle guilty! and i have said all the way thru these are nice Cues even if they are short doesnt take away the fact they still stunning Cues.

I hope everybody takes my apology as i didnt mean any harm in my posts in anyway, and maybe wont reply when i am Tired or Driving again...

Gaz.
                Good post.

Comment

If it makes any Differece i will remove all my comments from this thread or you can start another and i wont reply! even better if you dont get what you expected for these 2 Cues maybe because you think i have ruined this thread please contact me ASAP and i will make you a Offer better than you have had already
                  That's a very kind offer Gazza, but not one I would dream of asking you to follow through on.

I'd like the cues to go to someone who wants the cues.

For you however, all I ask is that you put yourself in my shoes.

Read through my 1st post as if it were you selling the cues,

and then read your 1st post, and see how it looks from my point of view.

Since your initial post, I've had 2 x inquiries , 1 for each cue, and no follow up. Them's the breaks I suppose.

Comment

Snakewood EJR signature cues

that's one of the problems with being on a forum, everyone knows something but nobody knows everything.people get upset when their opinions or facts are questioned. several years ago I bought a Mercedes 4x4 and then joined a merc forum six months later after much advice and horror stories I got shut.I still see it now trundling happily along and looking good.

Comment

Gaz.
                      Nice post Gaz. well done m8
                      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Hi m8,
                        If i didnt mean it i wouldnt have Offerd! Please contact me with what you were hoping to get for them ok.

And who said I didnt Like them?? as i have said all the way thru they are Stunning Cues.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        That's a very kind offer Gazza, but not one I would dream of asking you to follow through on.

I'd like the cues to go to someone who wants the cues.

Comment

Billy , check your pm inbox please bud.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by 147alltheway View Post
                            Billy , check your pm inbox please bud.

Cheers
                            Checked, but nothing new since yesterday . .

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                              that's one of the problems with being on a forum, everyone knows something but nobody knows everything.people get upset when their opinions or facts are questioned. several years ago I bought a Mercedes 4x4 and then joined a merc forum six months later after much advice and horror stories I got shut.I still see it now trundling happily along and looking good.
                              i had one - you made the right call !
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

You can tell who the filthy rich people are on this forum lol ��

Comment

Working...
                                X