Grand Cue Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Cue Maker

Do anyone of you know about Grand Cue maker? They are from which country of origin? How good is their cue? Thanks.

Never heard of them, but a 3 second search showed them as being made in Thailand, seem very expensive !!!
    http://www.grandcue.com/index.html

Comment

Doing a further bit of detective work the guy involved seems to be previously using the name King cue Thailand, of course some of you may remember these cues back about 5-6 years ago when Green Baize and I think Craftsman stocked them briefly.

He also traded under the name cue master. Now he is using the grand cue name as the OP has mentioned.

Leads me onto another question whilst doing a bit of further investigating. There seems to be a lot of cue makers who work very close to each other in Thailand, literally just a few miles apart from each other. They also are part of a larger group called cuesport thailand that advertise Phoenix, James Wattana cues, maximus and o'min. Which makes you wonder why rival cue brands would want to have their name linked with other cue makers, could they all be one of the same but trading under different names?

Also at the recent 6 red event there were stands for Niche, Ton Praram and Maximus all next to each other, again very unusual to see rival cue makers set up next to each other. In the UK can anyone imagine Parris, Wooldridge, TW and Stamford all setting up stands or being linked under one major player like World Snooker!

Nothing against the Thai cue makers who make great cues, but I think its a bit shady of who is involved in what and whether these are just trade names under one larger business. A bit like how Peradon had other divisions such as Cannon and made cues carrying that label.

Comment

I think King cues bloke was a family member of Master Cue, who fell out or something, Master cue put pressure on Stu and Craftsman's to stop selling the King cues, otherwise they would stop trading with them !!
        That's what i was told
        Last edited by jrc750; 8 September 2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy
          Are these prices in pounds sterling?
          That's what it says

Comment

Ha! Too quick for me, I took that off because I'm a blind git lol.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thank you very much for the info. My friend who bought a grand cue and told me that it was made in England which I don't agree. Cos I have doubt and never heard of this cue maker in England before. Thats why I seek assistance from the members in this forum to ascertain if this cue maker. Thanks.

Comment

If you wish to buy from Grand cue, I will suggest you rather buy from Crispian Jones custom cues... better value

Comment

Ok. Will take note of yur info. Do u hav their website to follow? Thanks

Comment

Another cue maker in China also name as Grand cue : http://stores.ebay.com/Grand-Custom-Cue .
                    They are a different company compare to Grand Cue Thailand .

Comment

My mate just bought one off ebay says the maple is worst he as seen.

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Yes I see, but Grand Cue maker is not originally from England right! Thanks.

Comment

correct - not originally from England
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Jus as i guess so. Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Working...
                              X