Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka on eBay

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/25168406090...ATCHING_ACTIVE

This cue is doing well but is it genuine?

Something is telling me "No" also!! the maple looks very very newish too me and not aged like they normally are at this age.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by kev267 View Post
    http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/25168406090...ATCHING_ACTIVE

This cue is doing well but is it genuine?

Comment

I think yes, the wear on the bottom of badge as took a few years to happen.

Comment

I think anyone with good knowledge of popular collectors cues would see this Eureka is most certainly an original.

Am I right in thinking Jim this was once owned by yourself or have I got the wrong Jim possibly?!?!

Comment

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
          I think anyone with good knowledge of popular collectors cues would see this Eureka is most certainly an original...
          So hard to tell nowadays, how can you be so sure ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            So hard to tell nowadays, how can you be so sure ??
            Chris Lloyd was the first owner of this which I believe he sold it for quite big money. I eventually purchased it from David Bennett and sold it a few months back.

If you held the cue in your hand you can see its a 60 yr old cue or whenever it was made.

Comment

Well you didn't say you had owned it lol, from pics impossible to be certain, like has been said the maple looks too new

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Well you didn't say you had owned it lol, from pics impossible to be certain, like has been said the maple looks too new
                If its the one Jim's mate John had then he tends to clean cues up, might be why it looks clean - it had aSD joint in it the first time I saw it too.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                  If its the one Jim's mate John had then he tends to clean cues up, might be why it looks clean - it had aSD joint in it the first time I saw it too.
                  The Jim I'm talking about paid £700 for the cue. Not sure someone would pay that with an SD joint fitted.

Comment

Are you trying to say i dont have good Knowledge? I was amazed with your comment with just seeing 5 Pictures of the Cue and they not the best!

Gaz.

I think anyone with good knowledge of popular collectors cues would see this Eureka is most certainly an original.

Comment

£700!!!....Who ever paid that must be mad! but as i keep saying a Cue or Item is Only worth what somebody is willing to Pay and this Jim guy must have felt flush that day or Mad!

I think if its 100% Genuine it will be more than 60yrs old too be Honest! and i gotta stick by my honest Opinion doesnt looked aged to me in anyway the ferrule or shaft maybe just the Pictures but i dont think so and Never just look at the Badge as few others points need to be looked at also.

Jim regarding the Badge looking Genuine means nothing really mate as a few replica's i have seen and Owned have had genuine Badges fitted to them from Donor or Broken Cues so the Badge would looked used and Cue would look more Genuine.

I am not saying this Cue is 100% Replica as i would need to see it in flesh too be 100% Sure but a few points i can see in the 5 Pictures makes me Suspicious thats all and this is my Opinion! and for others or 1 person to say this is 100% Genuine by just looking at 5 Pictures which arent great important ones is Madness.

Gaz.

The Jim I'm talking about paid £700 for the cue. Not sure someone would pay that with an SD joint fitted.

Comment

I wonder what the reserve is in this ? More than £470 as it stands.

Comment

I was thinking the same! as £200,£300,£400 is the Norm for these at the Max!........ Wouldnt suprise me another item with abit of Shill Bidding going on althou if found Guilty it is a Serious Offence which a Big Fine or Prison? i normally get this when im trying to buy a item then see it back for sale within week or fortnight!

Gaz.

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                          I wonder what the reserve is in this ? More than £470 as it stands.

Comment

I messaged him when it first went on and he wanted £550 for it.
                            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Has anybody else here had a email or private message from the Seller of this Cue? as he just sent me a stinking email saying we didnt have a Clue what were talking about!......It did make me laugh fair play as i think anybody in right mind would know £700 for this or even £550 is Laughable and the Only one that hasnt a Clue is Obviously him if hes paid £700 for it.

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
                              X