Acuerate Cue Review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Acuerate
    No, I dont have to say a lot on your topic and the Acuerate, thats all!!

Some do like the cue, some not a all!
    Thats how life works!
    I do have one myself, so I know it and I like it!
    But, if I had to choose it with tests from players like Ryan Day (which i know since he was young, in Prestatyn, I said young not small, lol) and D.Dale and Stephen HENDRY, my choice will be easy and fast, with all the respect I have from the 2 other players!!

After that, this is life and personal opinion!
    the fact that you like it does not change the fact that its pretty poorly and cheaply made - if you like it, great, i wish you the best of luck with it.

I am sure that I personally have seen many more cues than Stephen Hendry ever will, and I am honestly staggered that a man who has made millions and won everything playing snooker would opt for such a piece of cr*p to earn his living with. It really is beyond me that when its your livelihood and you live in a country with so many fine cue makers you would use one that.

Trevor White, Andy Bream, John Parris, Mike Wooldridge, Robert Osbourne, Tony Glover, Craftsman cues, Mastercue, Martin Chesworth, Tony Ions, O'min, Stamford cue makers, Peradon, Andy Gibb, and Kevin Deroo to name a handful all make cues that are infinitely superior in everyway.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Fair point that Andrew, but, as has been said ealier in a number of threads, cues are a subjective choice.

I guess it just happened to be this cue that fell into Hendry's lap at the time he was considering a change. I'm more than certain it could've been a cue made by any number of the makers you've just mentioned above.

He obviously tried this and liked it at the time, and, is happy to overlook something which is beautifully built for something which he felt he could use well, regardless of how well built it is.

Horses for courses and all that eh?

Comment

May I remind you that Hendry won 6 world titles with a Rex Williams Replica....the kind of cue you can buy for a pair of trousers??

May I remind you Ken Doherty plays and won a world title with a £20 cue...

It's not because it's cheap or just-out-of-the-rack that it's crap...

So as Trevor mentionned, the judgement on a cue is very subjective. At least, some of you have tried the cue, so now, they can talk about it (even though the result of ADR review didn't surprise anybody.... ).
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

yes but its not a cheap out of the rack cue is it? - it it were the price of a 'pair of trousers' i would be saying what great value it is! but its not its £285 !!! and for that you can do much much better!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
            yes but its not a cheap out of the rack cue is it?
            According to you, it is, eh?
            I just made my comment regarding yours, about cheap/crappy cues.
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Played with an acuerate myself for 7 months. Was fairly positive at start.

Now 7 months later the 2 extensions broke down while the varnish at the butt end of my cue has vanished!

Can't play long pots with it either....

Comment

Originally Posted by luchtzak
                Played with an acuerate myself for 7 months. Was fairly positive at start.

Now 7 months later the 2 extensions broke down while the varnish at the butt end of my cue has vanished!

Can't play long pots with it either....
                LMAO - normally the owners will defend them but i guess in your position you have had enough! - i don't think anyone could pot long balls with one!

Comment

I have used a 147 for about 1,5 years now and am pretty happy with it. The thought of cue ball deflection has completely vanished from my mind. So, that is a good thing. I also had a morning of coaching with Chris Henry and I found that a good experience. Although my standard is way below what he is used to, he got down to my level and tought me some usefull stuff that I am still using every time I play. I think my level is still improving because of the coaching and cue.

However, about the 'overall' quality of the cue I must agree with some posters here. The case is below standard as are the extensions. I had to glue parts of the extensions together several times to stop it from falling apart. That would be my only complaint about the cue.

The fact that the cue is lighter than other cues has helped me (IMHO) to generate *more* power. I find it much easier to time the striking of the ball better with this lighter cue.

Ps: I had quite a good cue (round 350 euro) before this one...

Comment

Hi guys,

Obviously, you have no idea about the reaction of a cue ball on a cloth.
                    And I'm afraid that both players there aren't that swi§tched on either, as their reactions are... well, very simpel...
                    You would expect a smarter and more in dept comment of what should be the world's better players.
                    It is pretty obvious that they will miss the long shots, simply because they are used to the cue ball throwing off. And, since nobody explained this cue to them proparly, they have no idea about what's going on...
                    After all, they are used to potting balls with their natural abillity, and never looked any further than that.
                    Honestly, any test without explaining the player how it actuallly works and what it's supposed to do, is worthless.
                    And if I were a cue maker, which I'm not, I would also be VERY critical on any other cue brand.
                    So my points to this review: 2/10

Comment

the fact that you like it does not change the fact that its pretty poorly and cheaply made - if you like it, great, i wish you the best of luck with it.

I am sure that I personally have seen many more cues than Stephen Hendry ever will, and I am honestly staggered that a man who has made millions and won everything playing snooker would opt for such a piece of cr*p to earn his living with. It really is beyond me that when its your livelihood and you live in a country with so many fine cue makers you would use one that.

Trevor White, Andy Bream, John Parris, Mike Wooldridge, Robert Osbourne, Tony Glover, Craftsman cues, Mastercue, Martin Chesworth, Tony Ions, O'min, Stamford cue makers, Peradon, Andy Gibb, and Kevin Deroo to name a handful all make cues that are infinitely superior in everyway.
                      I have had about 8 cues, from craftsman to Paris to Master cue etc...
                      The ACUERATE is, by far the best quality cue I have played with.

And obviously all other brands are superior in every way, should you want to use them as firewood. Because they will probably burn longer, haha.

Ridiculous discussion and reviews guys.

Comment

Re: the two posts above:

The discussion and argument over these cues has been done hasn't it?

Comment

for all those acuerate fans out there the one we tested is now on ebay if you want it! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=015

Comment

for all those acuerate fans out there the one we tested is now on ebay if you want it! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=015

Please form an orderly queue!

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1
                              Please form an orderly queue!
                              snowed under with offers!! - what happened to all those acuerate fans?

Comment

Best cue on the planet.. maple is best quality maple youll get.. all other maples used on mastercues, phoenix cues, you name it are all a load of junk compared, the cue quality is top notch build quality and woods is top notch... people saying its light or whatever, they are custom made you PICK your Own preference 😂... then the cue is made for you and there is a waiting time for the cue...

It took me a pretty long time to get use to the cue as my previous cue was so different in weigjt size and was also ash... but my god was it worth it... my cue is kept in my car through heat ad rain, it was stolen and thrown in the mud over night, and the finish is still top notch... the fittings are still solid no warps no nothing... very heavy solid cue... dominic dale doesnt know what he is talking about he collects antique cues that play like absolute trash.... and considers them 10/10 ... so new cue with new technology with top wuality wood isnt going to please him...

It is ment to feel different from other cues if it didnt it wouldnt be what it is. The whole point is give it time get use to it... and believe me every other cue you pick up will feel like trash...

Acuerate 147 cue is the best cue money can buy

Comment

Working...
                                X