Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks much jrc. Now i know a little bit more about cues....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ksquare View Post
      Thanks much jrc. Now i know a little bit more about cues....
      A long time ago i had a rattling weight in one of my cues, Dan Shelton managed to get the old ugly weight out and do a nice repair job on it, he said the cue (which was a typical 57 1/2" one piece cue) only weighed 15 1/2 oz i think it was, so a fair bit of weight needed to be added
      Last edited by jrc750; 13 February 2015, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• did he drill it out or cut the cue?
        Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        A long time ago i had a rattling weight in one of my cues, Dan Shelton managed to get the old ugly weight out and do a nice repair job on it, he said the cue (which was a typical 57 1/2" one piece cue) only weighed 15 1/2 oz i think it was, so a fair bit of weight needed to be added

Comment

• if thats a big old rubber bumper i love it. think murphys got one too

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            did he drill it out or cut the cue?
            He just took out the old butt joint, (which i didn't want replacing) somehow got the old weight out and possibly drilled further into the butt, he didn't cut the cue no

Comment

if thats a big old rubber bumper i love it. think murphys got one too
              Nah Jason, that was the ebony plug he made up, then sanded/lathed it down all nice and smooth

Comment

• very nice work. and what a war machine his lathe was buy the looks. you still got the cue?

Comment

very nice work. and what a war machine his lathe was buy the looks. you still got the cue?
                  Sold the cue, if it had been a bit longer i would of kept it as i like the design

Comment

• i don't know the name of that design but iv worked on a few peradons with that same look
                    very grand
                    so your still gutting our beautiful workmans clubs?

Sold the cue, if it had been a bit longer i would of kept it as i like the design

Comment

i don't know the name of that design but iv worked on a few peradons with that same look
                      very grand
                      so your still gutting our beautiful workmans clubs?
                      They called it the Welsh Dragon, also used by Mike Wooldridge on occasion, see here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1515573565...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not sure what you mean about the clubs ??

Comment

• yeah like that pattern. shame we don't see the colorful cues of yesteryear
                        They called it the Welsh Dragon, also used by Mike Wooldridge on occasion, see here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1515573565...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

• I still play with my Welsh Dragon from Welsh Pool Trading

Comment

• Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                            I still play with my Welsh Dragon from Welsh Pool Trading
                            Did i sell mine to you ?? can't remember who bought it

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Did i sell mine to you ?? can't remember who bought it
                              nope, I bought mine direct from Paul (BITTER on this forum) ...

Comment

• cue specs were:
                                17.5bp

this cue looked great but it came up very light with the odd defect as i worked into the splicings to get them even.
                                im sure someone out there would have liked the cue but for me and my estimations i wasn't prepared to take it back to the jig and rework it, so there was only one thing for it so i could move on

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                completed this one yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X