X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've used it before, it's a cow to work and glue

Comment

• This is a follow up to post # 95 . I used to own Cue No 1 & Cue No 2 , but one of my team mates " borrowed " Cue No 2 and I wont be getting it back . He comes from a snooker background and was looking for a cue to use for English pool instead of his snooker cue , " try this " , I foolishly said . His comment was " it plays and feels the same as my snooker cue , effortless , cue ball control " and that was that . I cant deny him the chance to play with it . The cue is not perfect , splices are not millimetre perfect , but it hits the ball really well and has perfect taper and balance . The cue is going on holiday this weekend to the National Inter League Finals at Yarmouth , it also happens to be the World Qualifiers as well , thats how much confidence my friend has in this cue . For a completely hand planed , well balanced , perfectly tapered and above all a fantastic playing cue , I stole this when I bought it , my apologies to " j6uk " , you deserve to do well if you decide to make this a low volume business and for the record I AM KEEPING CUE NO 1 .

Comment

• Would be much better with a badge on it , imo !! something like: J6 Handmade Cues !!! no offens to his work though, ,,,,

Comment

• im happier than a jugglers nuts mick, to hear your mates rocking with a cue i carved out.
          hope he produces some magic with this new bit of furniture on the weekend
          cheers mate nice read
          Originally Posted by old school View Post
          This is a follow up to post # 95 . I used to own Cue No 1 & Cue No 2 , but one of my team mates " borrowed " Cue No 2 and I wont be getting it back . He comes from a snooker background and was looking for a cue to use for English pool instead of his snooker cue , " try this " , I foolishly said . His comment was " it plays and feels the same as my snooker cue , effortless , cue ball control " and that was that . I cant deny him the chance to play with it . The cue is not perfect , splices are not millimetre perfect , but it hits the ball really well and has perfect taper and balance . The cue is going on holiday this weekend to the National Inter League Finals at Yarmouth , it also happens to be the World Qualifiers as well , thats how much confidence my friend has in this cue . For a completely hand planed , well balanced , perfectly tapered and above all a fantastic playing cue , I stole this when I bought it , my apologies to " j6uk " , you deserve to do well if you decide to make this a low volume business and for the record I AM KEEPING CUE NO 1 .
          Last edited by j6uk; 19 April 2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• How much for the wengi cue brings back memories of the first cues I ever made.

Comment

• is it just me or does this thread have two extra pages that I cant get in to?

and I post this message and they disappear, ?

yep, and nice wenge
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• What price range are you selling your cues in?
                Apologies if you've already said but there's to many pages to read through the lot
                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• our mick did something like materials an postage

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                    What price range are you selling your cues in?
                    Apologies if you've already said but there's to many pages to read through the lot
                    /\/\/\/\ ??????????/\/\/\/\
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      is it just me or does this thread have two extra pages that I cant get in to?

and I post this message and they disappear, ?

yep, and nice wenge
                      Yessir, I was trying to get into pages 21 & 22, and kept getting moved to page 20.

Even tried changing the page number in the http line, but to no avail.

Couldn't have been anything important though eh ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        Yessir, I was trying to get into pages 21 & 22, and kept getting moved to page 20.

Even tried changing the page number in the http line, but to no avail.

Couldn't have been anything important though eh ?
                        now you have posted on the thread have those extra pages gone?
                        the ones I saw went away after posting, weird eh?
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• this is a cue convertion
                          16.5bp
                          16oz
                          5" flat

Last edited by j6uk; 19 April 2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• so the above cue is this cue on the left after some cleaning sanding a new ferrule an a night under the mattress the get it straight, as you can see it was in a bit of a 2n8 when it dropped through the letter box

Last edited by j6uk; 19 April 2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• j6 cue stories

Another good job J6, bringing it back to life with a skillful bit of tlc. what's the technique with the mattress may I ask ?

Comment

• thanks johno much appreciated.. the mattress trick is classified but im intitled to say its more about mind over matter. if i said anymore id have to send the special forces out to put the kettle on
                                but really if you do see a bend somewhere, then just try an bend it back. works more often than not for me. but dont mistake a bend for a lump, iv come across many cues that have a few lumps an bumps an they've got to be cut out. i did the same with this cue. fortunately the shaft was thick enough to handle it. but when thats done, then and only then is when you find out how the cue really plays..

Originally Posted by johno View Post
                                Another good job J6, bringing it back to life with a skillful bit of tlc. what's the technique with the mattress may I ask ?
                                Last edited by j6uk; 19 April 2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X