This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
    He surely don't have the splicing machinary,and copy lathes as he says all his cues are hand made
    You do realise they stopped making the master cue years ago. Saying its "bought in" is pretty farcical just because its machine spliced. Ever cross your mind they had a machine for that and sold it on because the hand spliced cues were much more popular?

Comment

• Ok , if it makes you feel better

Comment

• Lincolnshire Woodcraft Supplies , if they are still going . Exotic Hardwoods UK Ltd , is in Chapel en le Frith and their website even has a section for cue makers .
        Last edited by old school; 9 May 2015, 01:31 AM. Reason: addendum

Comment

• yeah they are still around an i'll contact them next week
          thanks oldschool, an to others for their helpful tips

Originally Posted by old school View Post
          Lincolnshire Woodcraft Supplies , if they are still going . Exotic Hardwoods UK Ltd , is in Chapel en le Frith and their website even has a section for cue makers .

Comment

• couple of hours this morning an this cue is really starting to come through, a few finishing touches before the final sanding

Comment

• almost there, only the flat, butt details an fine sanding

Comment

• cue finished
                ash & wenge with a bloodwood front splice
                17bp
                18oz
                4" flat

Comment

• You're going to have to start thinking about badges. Nice work.
                  The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• thanks man,
                    yeah i was thinking after my first 6 id look into some kind of branding or badging

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                    You're going to have to start thinking about badges. Nice work.

Comment

• Looking good Jas. some quality work in this thread .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        thanks man,
                        yeah i was thinking after my first 6 id look into some kind of branding or badging
                        I think your badge should just be your avatar but with J6 in the middle of it. It might be harder to cut though. Then drop that shape into the end of the butt on the chamfer. Would be really funky. Not like all those round badge JP wannabees. Round badge is overdone man. I know it will be fresh and unique. I hope so.

Comment

• i hear you blaster an i like your lateral thinking. i have time to think about it, thanks for the imput

Comment

• Lovely looking cue once again J6. Nice work! Will be interested to see how this one plays.
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Looking good Jas. some quality work in this thread .
                              Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                              Lovely looking cue once again J6. Nice work! Will be interested to see how this one plays.
                              thanks lads, but you know its all about the hit so, looking forwards to taking it through its paces tomorrow an hope to get a vid up too within the next few days

Comment

• cue update
                                so i had a 5min knock with this today and it pllayed nice an solid . but under the table lights i notised a few hills on the shaft, and i also felt that the flat was a little too deep. then from a far i thought that the bloodwood front splice was too dominant over the wenge for my liking.. so, went back to the drawing bourd and sorted most of it out with some tinkering and an extra double splice.
                                next is to put on the leather an a shollower flat with a fine sand finish

Last edited by j6uk; 11 May 2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X