Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J6, you can get small quantities of ebony and other hardwoods on ebay for not a lot of money, you probably know this already. I don't think you need to do commission pieces so fast, just make lots of cues with different weights and BPs, butt sizes, different lengths, tip sizes, etc. Gives you time to learn your trade, gain experience. Let the people pick one from the many. Custom is a tricky biz, even for JP.

Comment

• so i worked a long ebony front dash into the butt, and this cue will be ready tomorrow

Comment

• J6,, this one is a beauty !! looks like a maple shaft !!
        any chance for the spcs of this cue?
        mind me asking what u gonna do with this one ? re u gonna sell it or is made on someone's order ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          J6, you can get small quantities of ebony and other hardwoods on ebay for not a lot of money, you probably know this already. I don't think you need to do commission pieces so fast, just make lots of cues with different weights and BPs, butt sizes, different lengths, tip sizes, etc. Gives you time to learn your trade, gain experience. Let the people pick one from the many. Custom is a tricky biz, even for JP.
          again some good thoughts and wise words from the blaster

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          J6,, this one is a beauty !! looks like a maple shaft !!
          mind me asking what u gonna do with this one ? re u gonna sell it or is made on someone's order ??
          ramon, this cue is #270 from the last page, its not mae for anyone though there is some interest, the cue will be completed today so the specs will come with the finish

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            again some good thoughts and wise words from the blaster

ramon, this cue is #270 from the last page, its not mae for anyone though there is some interest, the cue will be completed today so the specs will come with the finish
            Thanks for the replay and looking forward to see the spcs of the cue !!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              J6,, this one is a beauty !! looks like a maple shaft !!
              Ramon, he's using the very fine sanding finish on ash, no black filler. That's why it looks so pale, but beautiful for those that can appreciate this finish. Lots of work in that shaft. Planed! Traditional skills.

Comment

• for the chevy chasers out there i will be darkening the grain on this one

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                Ramon, he's using the very fine sanding finish on ash, no black filler. That's why it looks so pale, but beautiful for those that can appreciate this finish. Lots of work in that shaft. Planed! Traditional skills.

Comment

18oz
                  16.75bp

an this is at home

Comment

• Very nice J6. Now needs some ebony, tulip, snakewood, olive, thuya...

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                      Very nice J6. Now needs some ebony, tulip, snakewood, olive, thuya...
                      J6 smart, learning his trade with less expensive woods, less expensive mistakes. Cues will sell easy, traditionally made. Pukka.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                        thanks for the info,,, yeah, i know. is for my cousin. He plays with ash. No matter to him anyway . playability is more important .that kid can play a bit snooker. trust me on that one !!!
                        good post, btw.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                          18oz
                          16.75bp

an this is at home
                          J6,, If this cue is available and for sell , would you send me a pm with price ?

Comment

• last one of the three coming through

Comment

• few more pics before the finish

Comment

• Very nice work . Really like the quad lower splice with double veneers , bet it was a pain aligning them . Post 283 showing stages , is that Cascamite or something similar you are using ?

Comment

Working...
                                X